Thread: Purdue Shooting

Default Purdue Shooting

I've never had anything like this hit this close to home, I had the fortune to know the victim of the shooting during my time at Purdue. For those of you that don't know, an armed man (haven't heard if he was a student or not) entered the Electrical Engineering building shot a TA and, as far as I know, walked out and surrendered. The way its seems this was a premeditated attack not an attempt at a mass shooting although they haven't announced a motive yet. Even after they release a motive I'll never understand why, Drew was the smartest, nicest person you could of ever met. The thing that really burns me is this just adds fuel to the fire of anti gun groups and that would of been the last thing Drew would of wanted. All I can say is Drew will be miss and society lost a great guy with an amazing future ahead of him and what i would give to have the attacker standing unarmed in front of me right now cause I would make him suffer. Thoughts and prayers for his family please.

R.I.P bud

1601319_604431199644125_1116128776_n.jpg
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

It was a targeted attack according to the news conference. The shooter was an engineering student at Purdue. No motive as yet.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Sorry for the loss, prayers to the family

Another gun free campus.....

Very sorry for your loss Sparky. This one hit home a bit for me as both my brothers are Purdue alumni. My thoughts are with the friends and family of the victim. Here's hoping the dirty POS that did this gets what's coming to him.
    Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley
    Here's hoping the dirty POS that did this gets what's coming to him.

Too late for that. He's already been arrested.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

There was actually a bill drafted by the Student Senate in 2011 to allow firearms to be carried on campus at Purdue. It failed to pass the vote.

It is another senseless shooting. Yes it hits to close to home for me, as I have my two youngest GD there, one graduates this year and the other one has two years to go. So far no word on their Facebook pages, other than that they were locked in for awhile.

Sorry for your lost and prayers to the family.

Bill
    NRA Life Patron Member
    Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club
    K9GDG

Every time an older person dies, its like burning a full set of encyclopedias that will never be published again. So, if you ever want to learn more of anything, just find a old tradesman and hang out with him and then when he passes on, not the full set will burn, you'll have parts of it to pass on to others.

The coroner released his results yesterday and said the victim had been shot AND stabbed. Weird.