Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: concealed carry

Default concealed carry

I was surprised when my wife got here concealed carry back in 2 weeks.They told her it mite take 6 to 7 mo. it took me 6 weeks to get mine 3 yrs ago.

ongrats....Mine took about a month when it was changed in 2012.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Depends on what state you live in. 3 years ago mine took about 2 weeks to get new. These days, I know of guys waiting going on 4 to 6 months (by law it's only supposed to be 40 days.) Everyone here gets a receipt from the police station now when turning in renewal forms so it's ok to walk around with an expired license until the state gets around to doing the renewals.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Mine and my wife's were about 6 weeks as I recall. I'm really shocked at a 2 week turn around given how many in this state are requesting one.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

My wife applied for her permit (at 30-years-old) and discovered she had a felony record: theft by conversion for failing to return a rented movie as a teenager.

Actually, she had returned the movie, paid a stiff late fee, and had thought it was over, but the local courthouse had not filed the necessary paperwork at the time. She had to jump through some hoops to clear her record. Total time to get the permit--4 months.
    "everything's temporary if you give it enough time" J Kilcher

www.HoofRehab.com

I surprised that you can be a felon for forgetting to return a movie. Even if you just kept it and didn't return it I would say misdemeanor at worst.

I renewed my CCW last in 2008 and it expires in 2015. I couldn't remember how long it took to get originally as that was a long time ago. I return my renewal form right after I receive it from the state. They send out the renewals along time before your license will expire. Like 6 months I believe. So, that gives them plenty of time to renew. I googled it anyway as I couldn't remember and according to floridacwc.com it takes about 3 weeks in Florida. http://floridacwc.com/frequently-ask...stions/#status

Quote Originally Posted by Batch View Post
    I surprised that you can be a felon for forgetting to return a movie. Even if you just kept it and didn't return it I would say misdemeanor at worst.
    Maybe it was because the case was in limbo--never went to court, never closed. She had also been an employee at the video store. Maybe that made a difference? Anyway, it was just a matter of getting a judge to sign some paperwork, and then filing it in two counties (the county where the "crime" was committed, and the county we live in (where she applied for the permit).
    "everything's temporary if you give it enough time" J Kilcher

www.HoofRehab.com

My last renewal took about 3 or so weeks. Mrs. Crash got hers in about two.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Three days here from our chief of police. But it's a small town in gun toting state.
    "I enjoy surviving." Yes, well I certainly hope so as the other side of that is "DEATH!"
    Sarge47

The problem here is the FBI background check taking so long. I suppose they've digitized a lot of the information in the last couple of years so that speeds things up no doubt.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

From past experience dealing with the FBI NICs application. I would say the people I dealt with in that organization were moronic. Guberment Gummyheads.

Here in SD it's a pretty quick and painless deal. The application requires $10 and it takes a week or two. You used to get a temporary permit but I honestly don't remember if you still do. Last year the legislature actually increased the term from 4 years to 5 so that's pretty cool. Lastly signs posting no-guns carry no force of law here.

Batch, we don't get a renewal notice from the state. You have to remember to do it. And in some towns you need to start calling to set up the appointment with the town licensing officer almost a year ahead of time. Plus it costs $100 and you have to be re-fingerprinted.
    I so want to move to NH. What a difference 15 miles would make.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Batch, we don't get a renewal notice from the state. You have to remember to do it. And in some towns you need to start calling to set up the appointment with the town licensing officer almost a year ahead of time. Plus it costs $100 and you have to be re-fingerprinted.
    I so want to move to NH. What a difference 15 miles would make.
    Well, we are in Florida and as the news reports idiots. So, they remind us to renew. LOL

We have a life time permit. The only thing better is not needing a permit at all.

I still have one even though they are no longer required in AK, AZ, and VE. Cops don't even bother running a 29 on you when you have a CCW permin, because you have already been checked much deeper than their paltry wants-warrants check.

In my state and county they were using the insta-check method, so it took about 45 mins. to walk out legal. Now with the influx its taking 4-6 weeks. The thing that keeps me up at nights is some people getting their ccwl don't have a clue regarding firearms safety and the law. Case in point, in 2011 a lady was scared because a black man asked her the time and she pulled her .380 out waving it all over the place eyewitnesses reported. I believe a ccw coursre must be passed before you can carry .

I don't. Sorry. It's a right without restrictions as far as I'm concerned. Liberal lawmakers, unfortunately, don't seem to understand that. Sort of like the right to vote. You don't have to qualify or take a course for that and the results are far worse.

California.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    We have a life time permit. The only thing better is not needing a permit at all.
    *cough cough* Arizona

But since I'm considering some extensive out-of-state travel, I'm going to go ahead and get one.