Thread: I'm coming home late bag

Default I'm coming home late bag

Was working over by Manistique Wednesday. Anyhoo by the time I made it to the straits of Mackinac, there was 50 mile per hour winds. The bridge was shut down to all vehicles except cars and pickups without toppers. I ended up spending the night and slipped across the bridge the next morning. That got me to thinking about a "I'm coming home late bag" LOL.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Your "Coming home late bag" wasn't what I thought you had in mind.
    I was thinking flowers and maybe jewelry........?.....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

In my daily work truck I keep enough to hang out for the night or hoof it home. In my old work truck (those that have been to Jamborees have seen it) I keep enough to be comfortable for about a month.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Great minds think alike...I had exactly the same thought, hunter! HA!

Basically, that is what my get home bag does for me.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

A lot of my camping gear stays in my truck. I keep some food stuff (mixed nuts and granola bars) in the pack and the tool box. I have multiple water purifying options. I am probably alright for about 3 days with food comfortably. That would be my weak point.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    In seriousness, not a bad idea for an addition to the bag. Flowers wouldn't keep but some chocolate or any gesture to remind them they're happy you're home eventually. Especially if/when you might be at fault for the tardiness.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    In seriousness, not a bad idea for an addition to the bag. Flowers wouldn't keep but some chocolate or any gesture to remind them they're happy you're home eventually. Especially if/when you might be at fault for the tardiness.
    Psssst, they used to sell a box of all occasion cards......Birthday, Anniversary, Christmas, Sympathy, Thankyou........Keep in truck ...JIC hunting season (or whatever) extends into or over "those certain dates'
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I have a 55 liter bag in the back of the 4WD. It has a gas stove, a couple canisters of cooking gas, some army ration, a jacket, coffee mix, tarp, ground sheet, a stool a lantern, cookset and 20 liters of water. I need a quick shower sometimes.
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

I always have enough in my vehicles for 72 hour minimum, just made sense to me along time ago, and has bailed me out on many occations.
    Semper Paratus

I keep a "go bag" with me. It works for an unplanned overnight away from home (my daily commute is over 50miles one way and we get snowstorms here.) It also works as a get home bag if I had to hoof it but I'm more apt to know it would be stupid to try to drive all the way home and either get digs at a buddy's house halfway or just stay at the hotel down the street from my company where they have a discount. At least I have a change of clothes and don't have to buy the high priced "snacks" at the hotel.

I hope I never have to use the stuff as a Get Home bag. The type of emergency that would require that would be pretty traumatic. And in winter it'd have to be something very major to leave the shelter of the vehicle.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant