Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Best Bug Out Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by xjosh40x View Post
    Well personally I like my 96 Jeep Cherrokee 4X4. It's small, gets through terrain, dependable and pretty decent of fuel considering it has 33s on it. It has a fair amount of miles. 135,000. My uncle bought this at a state auction for 2500 and I bought it from him for 3000 for my first vehicle at 16. Until a few years ago it was just a fun hunting truck but recently I've developed it into a bug out vehicle also. I plan on equipping her with some more spot lights, a metal luggage rack instead on the current plastic. Adding 2 fuel Jerry cans and 2 water Jerry cans. I have my vehicle survival Kit which isn't much. Basic food, propane stove, blanket and clothing. And a single shot 20ga/243 combo and a cheap HiPoint 45. I can sleep in it and is easily concealable. But I advise anyone that is going with a BOV become familiar with the motor and it's components. You need to know how to fix a problem if one occurs.
    Loved my 92 but defective exhaust install thanks to midas and it burned to the shell still miss it.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome.......

There is an intro section if you would like to say hello....
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...-Introductions

That your trailer?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

No need. He was just spamming the board. That was his company.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Oh man, and we didn't even get to have a little fun first?!

Yeesh, mods these days!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Shuuuuuush....I know, was dangling the bait...but was nice about it.......been slow lately.....

We've had a few spammers banned today. Still got another potential/probable one we're working on.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    We've had a few spammers banned today. Still got another potential/probable one we're working on.
    Oh! Oh! who is it?! who is IT?!!!! I wanna play!!!!!!!!!

We'll give you a hint. They are from earth. I know, I know, that rules out a lot of us. Probably making it too easy.

I'm not a big bug out guy. It would have to be pretty dang bad for me to load up my wife 3 year old girl and my 1 year old girl. I'm much more inclined to shelter in place where my stuff is at. However if I absolutely had to id have to use what I have. My truck, my wife's truck or if S really HTF I'd load up the horses and hit the trail. It would really have to be bad for that however.

Quote Originally Posted by Fort fireman View Post
    I'm not a big bug out guy. It would have to be pretty dang bad for me to load up my wife 3 year old girl and my 1 year old girl. I'm much more inclined to shelter in place where my stuff is at. However if I absolutely had to id have to use what I have. My truck, my wife's truck or if S really HTF I'd load up the horses and hit the trail. It would really have to be bad for that however.
    Many share your thoughts.....why would you want to leave your "Good stuff" behind unless you really have to....

Just good to go over scenarios,.... out loud to see if it's workable...and share ideas....

Yep - I'd say most here have the bug in mindset, but are prepared for a bug out should it become necessary. Also - most consider bugging out to be of a short duration before they can return home to live or evaluate.

That being said we have had a few people that seem to romanticize over bugging out to a lifetime of wilderness living.....sort of like the latest B movie that has run on TV.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

When bugging out you're just another refugee. Historically, there have always been great bug out vehicles.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 12-15-2014 at 07:46 AM.

Most of my stuff is kind of geared for bug back home type of situation. I work 24 hour shifts and am about 45 miles from home when I am at work. I'm more of a GET Home Guy. Of course if the stuff does hit I'll probably be pretty busy at work and not able to leave. That would suck.

That is exactly it. A person should have a LOCATION (your home) where you have your supplies, goods, better defenses, etc that is basically your base. When you are out and about, you should have some gear and supplies to get you back to base. One should never forsake the base unless absolutely necessary such as evacuations for flooding, fire, or extreme civil unrest. And when the base has to be left behind, there should be a predetermined plan in mind that covers where you will stay, what direction you'll go, routes to get there and so on.

If I have to evacuate, I am heading towards friends and family. There is an order in whose place I go to and I have three efficient, but different ways to get there. I also have portions of these plans given to the friends and family that way if I come up missing, they know where to start the search. But all this would be after everything else has failed.

+1. Good post.

i,m in my bol thankGOD ain,t no where to go anyhow.hey rick darn skippy bout the reffugee thing.

In the event of a bugout situation, I will probably use one or both of my jeeps. I have a 1946 willys, and 1976 cj5. The cj5 is used to get back and forth from work, and maintained at regular intervals. I also has the aluminum hard top, and a heater. I also have a utility trailer that is used to haul camping equipment, and could be loaded for a bugout. That's my two cents.
    Don't be afraid to try new things. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.