Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: If U Got LosT And U Could Have 1 Thing What Would It Be

Quote Originally Posted by owl_girl View Post
    Last summer there was a pare of mating owls in the woods on a bluff across the street from my house. Once there babies were old enough to fly I would hike up there around sunset and follow there sounds until I found them, then I’d follow them from a distance until it got to dark. Pretty cool experience.
    i live in a "luxary" aparartment complex (nightmare) and on my floor there was a planet and in the planter there were 2 little birdies that would fly up (they were really fast) and they started bringing twigs in the planter. soon there was a full nexst there and the 2 birds came and went. then there were some eggs in there. totalled out to 4. 3 of them hatched and i watched em grow up right outside my door lol. then they all left the nest. one egg didnt hatch. i picked it up out of curiousity weeks later and it broke with minimal pressure and rotten egg got on my hands lol. that was stinky

Blog Entries

I woud take my tracker2 knife, works well in the survival element, now if we're talking people I'd just want someone with common sense and good conversation. If I took a dog I'd end up eating him if I got too hungry, that'd suck cause then I'd have to get a new dog.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

I don't know if it's been said yet (I don't feel like reading 7 pages of replies), but how about a helicopter to get me out of there? Or a plane? How about a personal locater beacon?

... Or a rope attached to my waist that leads to the nearest town? Like the minotaur maze
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

my knife is my most important tool with it I will survive

thanks for illustrating my point several times fvr.
    everyone here has a massive fixation with their knives. to me too much dependance on them what would happen if lost or broke?
    now i know we have been thru this but just humor the ol eagle here, if you could have anything but your knife what would it be?

always be prepared.....

Blog Entries

Talking Well.....

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    thanks for illustrating my point several times fvr.
    everyone here has a massive fixation with their knives. to me too much dependance on them what would happen if lost or broke?
    now i know we have been thru this but just humor the ol eagle here, if you could have anything but your knife what would it be?

always be prepared.....
    The clothes on my back! Maybe just a loin-cloth!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

My poncho and wool blanky.

Poncho keeps ya dry.

Wool blanky, cut a hole for the head, find a piece of vine and wrap around your waist. You have clothes, warm clothes.

It's wool, a sharp rock will make a hole in it.

Blog Entries

RAMBO!!! Ha Haaa!!!
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by owl_girl View Post
    Dos a Saw-Back Machete work good, will the saw hold up? If it dos id want one of those.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    I'd like to see you save the trees. go for a knife with a 6 or 7 inch blade, fixed in a sheath with a small sharpening stone in the pouch. More reasonable to handle. Save this for the equatorial districts...

Blog Entries

Beo,

Didn't think of that, but you are right.

Even if I had clothes on, still take my poncho and blanky.

Iam originally from Sandstone MN which is about 60 miles south of Duluth and grew up going to the Boundry waters and the Ely area, is my all time favorite area

if I dont have a knife on me is only because Iam butt arse naked lol

damn, you ppl can be thick headed sometimes.

i am always carring a knife also, but lets just say aliens came and took your knife in the middle of the night, is fvr here the only other one cabable and comfortable of making a knife.

you guys have inspirided me though, when i start up my courses i am going to take every ones knife from them, then see how they react first mentally then phyically, cause from this thread every one seems to have a real dependance on it.

always be prepared...

Blog Entries

Talking Here's a thought.

damn, you ppl can be thick headed sometimes.

i am always carring a knife also, but lets just say aliens came and took your knife in the middle of the night, is fvr here the only other one cabable and comfortable of making a knife.

you guys have inspirided me though, when i start up my courses i am going to take every ones knife from them, then see how they react first mentally then phyically, cause from this thread every one seems to have a real dependance on it.

always be prepared...
    Just give them an egg and a cup of milk.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

never heard from him again wonder what happened

Lol that’s hilarious. Post how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by woodwose View Post
    I'd like to see you save the trees. go for a knife with a 6 or 7 inch blade, fixed in a sheath with a small sharpening stone in the pouch. More reasonable to handle. Save this for the equatorial districts...
    I wasn’t thinking about my area when I listed it. I’d only use it in the environment it was designed for. You must have just seen the picture and jumped on it without reading my other posts, others have also. But did I not say it would depend on the terrain in my other posts? I’ve explained it to others also. Why dos everyone automatically think I’m stupid enough to carry that around in my home rang? If I said I wanted a camel that would be appropriate for the desert right? Since I like to travel and I plan on traveling more I don’t just think of my area in these questions. The Machete is the perfect survival tool for what it’s designed for. If I was in the juggle like terrain a regular knife wouldn’t be my choice.

I have to ask ,have any of you ever had to cut your way though brush you will want a long blade and gloves and maybe lather gantlets . Yes a short machete is better for carrying but for real work you need a real machete . I would never be without one , better a good machete then an Axe for the a short term wilderness stay that is .Why ? Well have you every tried to cut green willows 1" or less around with an Axe ,very hard to do and to cut anything green is hard for that matter . I'm out there all the time and after reading some of your post I'm beginning to wonder how many of you really know what your taking about I do love this site but if you have very little time in the woods maybe you should not post . Most of the world uses a full size machete the only place that I know of that does not is in Asia and that is another story
    Last edited by Smok; 11-05-2007 at 06:47 AM.

I use a machete with a saw back to clear trails around the local trout lake and it works great beter than an axe . I am not going to get stuck some where with just one item I might end up with no items but other wise I am going to have several things . with no items I got to get my brain in gear and make stuff fire first then shelter then knife then container then cordage forage as hunger dictates.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

Blog Entries

Cool Yo Smok!

Quote Originally Posted by Smok View Post
    I have to ask ,have any of you ever had to cut your way though brush you will want a long blade and gloves and maybe lather gantlets . Yes a short machete is better for carrying but for real work you need a real machete . I would never be without one , better a good machete then an Axe for the a short term wilderness stay that is .Why ? Well have you every tried to cut green willows 1" or less around with an Axe ,very hard to do and to cut anything green is hard for that matter . I'm out there all the time and after reading some of your post I'm beginning to wonder how many of you really know what your taking about I do love this site but if you have very little time in the woods maybe you should not post . Most of the world uses a full size machete the only place that I know of that does not is in Asia and that is another story
    I think most of these people know what they're talking about and even if they don't are welcome to post. Then there are also those who are learning. I'm sure if this site doesn't meet with your satisfaction you might try others. Please, if you decide to stay, don't insult the other members, thank you.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin