Thread: Good home cooked meal at the end of your trip

Default Good home cooked meal at the end of your trip

Have you ever been on a long trip and wished that you could have a home cooked meal at the end of the day? Here's one to try. http://www.recipezaar.com/884
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

There has to be a joke in there somewhere but I've been up for 3 months straight and I'm not thinking too clearly.............There has to be a joke in there.........
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

What made me think of it (google) was an old Seinfeld episode. Didn't turn out so well for Kramer - kind of forgot the tin foil wrapping. Should work. My next trip I'm going to try it. I'll start small - baked potato.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I saw that! I think it was Jerry's car, too.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    There has to be a joke in there somewhere but I've been up for 3 months straight and I'm not thinking too clearly.............There has to be a joke in there.........
    That actually does work Rick, You have to take into consideration the roasting time at home in your conventional oven at say, 350 to 400 degrees... extrapolate that to what temperature your engine runs at while doing highway speeds... and then open air ventilation as it won't be in an exactly closed space like in an oven.. then figure how long you need to leave it there on the engine at the steady temperature.. etc. etc..

There's also the calculation of how long it takes to pull into Bob Evans.

If seafood is more to your liking. http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/tailga...gineshrimp.htm
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Northern Michigan in the middle of the woods

when i was in wilderness survival camp, I tortured myself by dreaming of food and then when I got home it was on....

Northern Michigan in the middle of the woods

mostly just Kentucky fried chicken and cookies and milk

Hey Toprock - welcome to the forum. When you get a chance how 'bout heading over to the introduction section and tell us a little about yourself. You can find it here http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...splay.php?f=14
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

they did engine block cooking in an old episode of home imprivement aswell.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

I have a power inverter in my vehicle that I use for all kinds of stuff. Just install one of those on your ride. That way, you can microwave some canned veggies and fix some crock-pot potatoes (make sure to duct tape the lid) on the way and you have more than a roast, you have an meal with sides.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

My father always claimed to have done this with kielbasa and Italian sausages.
    "That's not drunk driving; I'll show ya drunk driving!"

"Hi and welcome to this week's edition of Manifold Man Food. Today we'll be cooking up an epicurean delight of sweet potato and andouille bisque along with some sliced okra, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes. We'll top that off with corn bread and some get out a town sweet southern pudding. And if that won't knock your socks off we'll be cooking on a four cylinder, six speed Malibu as we cruise along America's Wetland Birding Trail on the Louisiana Great Gulf Coast. All that and more right after this message from our sponsor."

Bacon! Gotta cook up some bacon!
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Then how about the Muff Pot Food Cooker for your ATV?

http://carlscycle.com/eshopprod_cat_...ood_Cooker.htm

And who can pass up the tail pipe cooker?

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Moder...Go-Cooker.aspx
    Last edited by Rick; 05-03-2008 at 07:09 PM.