Thread: One of the best true life survival stories I've read

Default One of the best true life survival stories I've read

I just got done reading this autobiographical book about this guy who in 1994 crashed his plane in Sierra Nevada mountains and hiked his way out. It took him 13 days to do it. It's called "Survive" by Peter Deleo. He took off with 2 buddies from Long Beach, CA for a sightseeing trip over the Sierra Nevadas. Well they crashed there plane 20 miles from nearest town in winter. Both of his friends died. The planes emergency transmitter wasn't working so his only option was to hike. He had to battle his injuries from the crash, waist deep snow, frostbite, hypothermia, starvation, a blizzard, and below freezing weather. Then when he finally reached the town of Olancha, Ca after 13 days the first couple of people he asks for help laugh at him and thinks he's some dirty smelly vagrant instead of a plane crash survivor.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/books/...tml?source=rss

Quote Originally Posted by tunick001 View Post
    the first couple of people he asks for help laugh at him and thinks he's some dirty smelly vagrant
    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/books/...tml?source=rss

Yeah, I get that a lot too, don't think it doesn't hurt people.

Well, now that we've got that out of the way, I've read some excerpts from the book and I think I'm going to check it out. I'd sort of forgotten about it. It looked like a dang good read, thanks for the reminder tunick.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Yeah, I get that a lot too, don't think it doesn't hurt people.

Well, now that we've got that out of the way, I've read some excerpts from the book and I think I'm going to check it out. I'd sort of forgotten about it. It looked like a dang good read, thanks for the reminder tunick.
    Do you have to be so near the monitor? lol