Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If U Got LosT And U Could Have 1 Thing What Would It Be

Question If U Got LosT And U Could Have 1 Thing What Would It Be

Some one with me.

my knife or this website

Blog Entries

Cool Survival Item

My knife, of course. With my knife I can find a spark producing rock and start a fire, make a spear and snares for food.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

If I couldn’t have another person I’d want a big dog that can hunt but I’d want something living so I don’t end up talking to a volleyball named Wilson Though a machete or lighter would be useful I wouldn’t be as calm as I’d be with a person, especially if that person has skills that I don’t. But a dog would help to considering how many uses they have.

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by owl_girl View Post
    If I couldn’t have another person I’d want a big dog that can hunt but I’d want something living so I don’t end up talking to a volleyball named Wilson Though a machete or lighter would be useful I wouldn’t be as calm as I’d be with a person, especially if that person has skills that I don’t. But a dog would help to considering how many uses they have.
    Actually I thought it was a soccer ball, but you're right, They are usually inflated. ;>) However, if we're restricting the question to "inanimate objects" what would you choose? Remember, it's just you and the elements.
    Last edited by Sarge47; 07-16-2007 at 06:32 PM.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

my leatherman. With it I have made fire, made traps, shelter, and fishing gear.

One thing I would like to see come out is a leatherman with a flint/steel built in.

A machete or one of those water bottles with a built in filter, depending on the terrain and climate I’m in.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Cool!

A machete or one of those water bottles with a built in filter, depending on the terrain and climate I’m in.
    Good choice. I have a short-bladed machete called the Colt Jungle Commander.
    According to the text that was with the ad it claimed this was a proto-type for the Navy Seals. I'll probably only use it in an area of thick brush. I am looking into Ontario's RTAK-II, it has a 10 inch blade that could double as a machete and Brigade Quartermasters has it at a price of $89.99. They also carry the RAT-7 which is an outstanding knife but carries a shorter blade. I'm thinking of double teaming the RTAK-2 with Gerber's LMF Combat knife (about $79.00) and trying to find a double knife sheath for it similar to the one carried by John D. McCann, author of "Build The Perfect Survival Kit."
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

My knife, would probably be the thing, make it easy to defend my self, make a hand drill, and catch food when needed.

Dos a Saw-Back Machete work good, will the saw hold up? If it dos id want one of those.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

You honestly dont want a knife that big. Trust me on this one. But if one is truly skilled being in a situation without anything should be no problem, and if one is truly intelligent they would never be in a situation where they have nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky789 View Post
    You honestly dont want a knife that big. Trust me on this one. But if one is truly skilled being in a situation without anything should be no problem, and if one is truly intelligent they would never be in a situation where they have nothing.
    If I was in the south American rainforest id want a Machete. The Machete in the photo I was using as an example of a saw-back, I wasn’t saying that was the one I wanted. I do like the idea of a shorter blade machete because I’m afraid id be clumsy with a long one. But a little bowie knife isn’t going to get me far in impenetrable jungle. In post #8 I mentioned it would depend on the terrain and climate I’m in, obviously I wouldn’t use it in the desert or grassland terrain.
    Last edited by owl_girl; 07-16-2007 at 11:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Of course it would be a knife. But which one? For me it would be a longhunters style knife, homemade from an old American made file.

The knife with a rocks sparks great. Looks like an old butcher knife. Why American steel, because foreign made files just plain suck for sparks.

4 me a survival specilast or a leatherman

Blog Entries

Cool Reboot!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky789 View Post
    I don't think it's a matter of intelligence, just re-programing to "Be Prepared."
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Self-defense!

Dos a Saw-Back Machete work good, will the saw hold up? If it dos id want one of those.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    For a young lady alone it'd probably be pretty good protection from the bad "human" element.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    For a young lady alone it'd probably be pretty good protection from the bad "human" element.
    *Blushes*.

Blog Entries

Red face oops!

*Blushes*.
    I'm sorry if I embarrassed you, such was not my intent. I just figured you were making a logical decision based on the scenario given and your statistics, my bad!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    I'm sorry if I embarrassed you, such was not my intent. I just figured you were making a logical decision based on the scenario given and your statistics, my bad!
    Lol don’t worry about it.