Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who will post for you?

Unless you take some measure to hide or encrypt them (or of course if you don't save them) all of your passwords for every sight are stored in a single file. It's pretty easy to access them from the computer they're stored on. To me the bigger issue is having someone to bridge the "real world" to the virtual one. My brother has a coupe IT degrees and would probably go through my computer in the days following my death...unless of course I died in a house fire! In that case there wouldn't be as many clues. Still, I'm pretty well known at a couple of them.

It's a good question, and again one I've been thinking about quite a bit or at least five years now. Still don't have a great solution though.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Tell people to do a search for your username and post anywhere they find it. I know I've used the same username on all my message boards for the last 16 years (with the exception of any dating sites I may or may not be on.)
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

That's great news, Williepete!! I'm glad that you've gotten past the big C. That's quite an achievement as is the no smoking. Congrats!!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Maybe we should all just give our phone numbers and personal e-mail addresses to Crash and make him the sacred number keeper. That way if any of us quit showing up on the forum, at least one of us has a way of contacting them. I think that is something bad happened to any of us, our family members may be too upset to post on here, or may take them a long time to remember to do that. They may forget entirely..........who knows.

I dunno...if something happens and millions of woman are calling about Rick Mrs. Crash might get annoyed!

Recent events made me think of this thread so I thought I would bump it.

My camping tribe would find out pretty soon because I talk or pm back and forth with somebody regularly. More are finding this forum and joining so it would get back here or to Crash.

I'm spread around pretty widely, so it would be pretty hard for my executor (Coyote Osborne) to think of everywhere I go. It probably wouldn't be too hard to figure out what's happened to me by doing an Internet search. Certainly my website would have the information. Or I could just visit ya'll in person.......people always tend to take exception to that, though.....
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I don't think anyone would post for me.
    *shrugs*
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

Crash would find out from another site - my DH has instructions to post there.

This is an important tool to have prayers said for you. Illness, bad life events, even if you can't post, others should do it for you as we will pray for you and your family.
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

I think i would just fade away,my wife knows about the forums but i dont think it would be high on her priority list

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life is full of rude awakenings. I have some serious health issues, the kind that are life changers, and life enders. If I suddenly croak, my passing will probably be a mystery to most. We don't plan to drop dead, but it happens. At that point, I most likely won't be all that concerned about things on this side.

I kind of like the idea of people saying... "I wonder whatever happened to that Jimmy Whisper guy."
    That's not just for forums either. I don't even plan on being buried. I don't want any fuss about me when I take that long walk in dark forest.
    We're here for a good time, not a long time.Semper Fidelis

Banned

If I go more than 3 years without posting anything just assume I went to chat around the big campfire in the afterlife with all those who went before me.

Perhaps a stray Russian cruise missle hit me while I rafted down the Jordan river, who knows.
    Last edited by TXyakr; 10-08-2015 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Random nonsense...

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

I have thought a lot about end of life, even took a class entitled "Embracing Mortality" this spring. I was way ahead of just about any one else in the class. I have a list of people for my SIL to notify (including this site). I even wrote my own obituary (of course I can't make them use it after I am gone).I realize that many are reluctant to think about planning for their demise, let alone actually doing it but it helps those left behind to know exactly what and how you wish to be treated when you pass on.
    Geezer Squad #2

It's even better for those left behind if you make pre-arrangements.
    When my dad got sick the first time he gave me power of attorney and had me set up an account at the funeral home of his choice. He picked out the box. Made the arrangements to be cremated, set up the service (a lodge was involved and so was final taps, USMC.) When he did pass away almost 5 years after that, that account had done better than my IRA on returns. We were able to upgrade the headstone that we'd gotten for Mom, that he always hated, for one that he'd wanted. Best of all, we didn't have to think or make decisions at that time.

As for who would come on here for me? Can't say's I know if anyone would.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

I can't tell you how ridiculous it is when your husband just died and someone asks what kind of flowers you want on his casket! I just kept thinking "FLOWERS! Are you fing kidding me? My husband just died and you want to pick out flowers?" I knew those plans had to be made but gads what a terrible time to have to do it.

This is all a good point. Reminds me I need to have a sit down with the Mrs. and review a few things, to make sure. Not planning on anything, but things do happen.

As far as who would post for me..... I dunno. KyRat is on a social media site with my wife and I so he might say something. We live in close proximity to each other so if there is an area wide issue, you may not hear from either of us!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten