Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not a "what is your favorite knife" question. Instead it is a "What is your favorite

Gerber Super Tool EDC. I use it often in camp and on the trail.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I have two Letherman Waves for the reasons mentioned. I use them frequently. I also agree that they loose their edge so i also carry a small stone.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

not really a multi-tool but a three blade stockman jackknife is darn handy.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I recently got a Leatherman skeletool as an everyday multi tool, the reason I like it is the belt clip and external access to the blade small enough for the pocket but more than a knifeimages.jpg
    "Big, f***-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. $h!t 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro."

Broke down and bought a new S&W Extreme Ops MT. Very good quality. Came with a tonto style folding knife. On clearance, 14 bucks.

m5pu.jpg

Thank all of y'all for taking the time and going to the effort to read and respond. I am pretty impressed that all of y'all seem to have one or more of them and that some of y'all use them for EDC. I carry a Benchmade 5000 Presidio, a Case two blade Trapper (Carbon Steel) and a Leatherman Micro pretty much all the time that I have clothes on.

I am a "Safety" guy in a Gasoline Refinery. Mostly I am an industrial firefighter/emergency responder. Well when I was younger that was me. Now mostly I am the Ops Chief or the IC. Anyway I still get to carry my EMT jump kit all the time and always have trauma shears and a O2 bottle wrench in it. I also keep a Task Force Tips folding spanner wrench pretty close in my personal vehicle. It have a gas valve wrench, an O2 valve wrench, a window breaker, pry tool, seat belt cutter besides being a hose spanner wrench.

I have never felt the need to carry a set of pliers in the woods except to help handle hot pots and lids when I am cooking. I have rarely ever had to use a screwdriver on anything while I was "out in the woods".

Having said that my daughter gave me a Leatherman Wave for Christmas. I am going to put it in my bag in my truck.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for your knowledge and experience here. That is why I asked the question. Again Thank you for your input.