Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Survival: Food Hoarding May Be Illegal......NO?....Check this out:

Well said Remy.

To anybody that thinks it can't or won't happen, Rick makes some good points about the history of this country. You need not look back so far to see what most of us take for granted as our rights being violated. The confiscation of weapons in the aftermath of Katrina was very alarming. True, it was on the local level, but it gives us all an insight into what is possible if we allow it to happen.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    .........or posting pictures of your nice new shelves in your garage to store another years worth of food.

You know crash, I have no problem posting pictures of what I've done or have. I have been blessed and have more than enough to be able to share it. If a family walked up my road hungry, cold and in need, theres no way I could turn them away or for that matter pull out a gun to defend my material things. In other posts I may have talked tough, but deep down I'm a pussy for those in need. I dont consider it hoarding, I consider it preparation.

Now, if they were hostile......I'm known to be a very good shot.

Quote Originally Posted by BraggSurvivor View Post
    You know crash, I have no problem posting pictures of what I've done or have. I have been blessed and have more than enough to be able to share it. If a family walked up my road hungry, cold and in need, theres no way I could turn them away or for that matter pull out a gun to defend my material things. In other posts I may have talked tough, but deep down I'm a pussy for those in need. I dont consider it hoarding, I consider it preparation.

Now, if they were hostile......I'm known to be a very good shot.
    As government satellite zero's in on location the radio's come to life. All agents, attention all agents he is well armed, and a good shot. Move to plan "B".
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

LOL!!! Excellent post!

Bragg - If it's a bunch of pygmies on Shetland ponies it's just Trax and his cavalry. (God bless 'em down there in New Guinea.)
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Eminent domain is outlawed in TN. Thank God! Although the state is going more left than I want to see. In most states isn't there a Good Samaritan law that requires one to provide shelter to a person who is in imminent danger (such as someone running from a bear or an attacker)? If the home is fortified enough so that the bear and attacker will go away and doesn't put everyone in the house in the same danger by providing that shelter, is that different than providing a "reasonable" amount of food and water to a starving or thirsty victim? In both situations it seems a person might be in dire need and the homeowner is placing himself and the others residing in the home at risk, by risking that the predator will break into the home or that the disaster won't end soon enough and the homeowner run out of food and water b/c he shared it. Or are we strictly talking about the Black Hand stepping in to take away your food, punish you, and then distribute it?
    The mind is it's own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

I think in this case we're talking about gov'ts right to seize anything you've hoarded such as food.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Black Dog - Eminent Domain was not outlawed. The Supreme Court made a ruling that simply defined when it could be use and for what purposes. Land can still be taken for public works

http://www.ncsl.org/programs/natres/emindomainleg06.htm

Banned
    Blog Entries

It is interesting that we are so "UNCLEAR" about this.

What are we unclear about?

If you have it and the powers that be want it and they know you have it they will come and get it and if you try to stop them they will slander you in the media and make you look "some crazed survival cultist" fired on my ATF guys so we had to take swift and blah blah blah. Your gone the have your stuff and your the bad guy
    Life is a path that cannot be seen but must be walked

Banned
    Blog Entries

Where is the line....A whole 714 Pounds of moose in the freeze, I have a friend whose family eats on average two to three moose per year. I need One moose every other year. Who is hoarding. I bought three cases of Sailor Boy Pilot bread on Monday, there are 12 boxes in each case; am I hoarding. I have five trucks; am I hoarding trucks. What about CEO's of large Corporations that make Two hundred million dollars a year; To me they are hoarding money. Ted Turner is the largest land owner in America. Is he hoarding land??? Maybe I just like to invest heavely in store-able food. It is going up about 17.7% per year. Not a bad return......

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    What are we unclear about?
    We Americans are unclear about what is hoarding....???? And if it is illegal. And where the line is.

I am not a hoarder..............I'm a PACK RAT!
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I would think it would be at the discretion of the LT. or Capt. or Maj or whoever happens to be standing at your door.

They just don't take your land from you. They offer you "fair market value" for it. You can look up the definition for that at your leisure. Good luck on finding it.

One of the guys I worked with had about 30 acres and the power co. wanted 2 acres for a substation. He vowed to fight them to the death. They weren't taking his property. I told him he was nuts. Take the money and work out some deal that they have to give him 20 poles or whatever the heck he wanted. Nothing doing. So he fought 'em, went to court, lost the case and wound up with about $2 an acre after he paid his lawyer.

Banned

Available from The Lawful Path website, a handy No Trespass sign.

http://www.lawfulpath.com/ref/notres.shtml
    ##############################################
    No Trespass

Notice of Foreign Law, on
    Private Land; Read before entering:

You are hereby noticed that entering This land subjects You to This contract:

This land is private, and is not subject to public use or control. The Owner has the character suae potestate esse. Over This land flies the American Banner of Peace, and the Law thereon is the Holy Scriptures, and the Christian lex non scripta. The Owner has enacted other various ordinances, to which all who enter This land are subject. Among these ordinances is a

Five thousand dollar Land use fee,
    charged per man or woman, per day, or any part of a day, for any man or woman (hereinafter, "Lessee") entering upon This land without prior written license in his possession at all times while upon This land. Acceptance of all ordinances shall be evidenced by the presence of any man or woman upon This land, not in possession of said license, and shall create a constructive lease agreement, binding Lessee to the terms of all ordinances which the Owner has laid upon This land. Said fee shall be deemed due and payable in full within thirty days from first notice, and payment shall be made in silver coin, at full face value. Lessee hereby agrees that if payment of said fee becomes delinquent, that said amount shall become a lien upon all of Lessee's non-exempt property. Any property brought onto This land by Lessee is subject to impound until settlement is made in full. Other ordinances are in effect upon This land, to which all who enter are subject, unless exempted by license. A complete list of ordinances may be obtained from the Owner. Ignorance of the Law shall not be an excuse, nor shall it relieve any person from liability therefor. Notice is hereby given that any license, lease, or right of usage may be revoked with five minutes notice. Revocations shall not relieve anyone from liabilities already incurred. Verbal invitees given five minutes grace as to fee only.

Notice to agents of government:
    By entering This land you accept all of the above stated terms in full. Additionally, you affirm both individually, and in your official capacity, under penalty of perjury, under the laws of these united States of America (Title 28 U.S.C. Sec. 1746), that you will support the Constitution for these united States of America and the Constitution for This republic, and all the laws promulgated thereunder in conformance with the above named Constitutions, and will extend and protect the unalienable rights secured therein to the Owner, and those under His protection, and will faithfully perform all the duties of your office as it relates to Them, in compliance with the above Constitutions to which you acknowledge that you have already taken an Oath to perform said acts and actions to the best of your ability. Violations of the rights of the Owner, or those under His protection, shall be assessed a civil penalty of one million dollars in silver coin for each violation. Damages may also be prosecuted under Title 18 U.S.C. Sec. 1621 and Sec. 241, and Title 42 U.S.C. Sections 1986, 1985, and 1983, resulting in up to ten years in prison, and additional civil penalties.
    The Owner may be contacted by sending correspondence to the following location: Bragg Place

hey we are all horaders here he who horades don't say

well that rules out visiting
    Life is a path that cannot be seen but must be walked

some people don't like unannounced visitors.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by BraggSurvivor View Post
    Available from The Lawful Path website, a handy No Trespass sign.

http://www.lawfulpath.com/ref/notres.shtml
    Very pretty and well written. Now, if you're inside the U.S., and the U.S. Government is coming to take something from you, what's to stop them from pulling a Waco-style stunt like the Texas Toastmasters did?

Commander: "Give the order to Open Fire!"

Subordinate: "But sir, he has a sign! It's unlawful for us to be on his land unless we pay."

Commander: "I said, G-I-V-E T-H-E O-R-D-E-R T-O "Open Fire"!"

Subordinate: "I'm sorry sir, but according to Title 18 U.S.C. Sec. 1621 and Sec. 241, and Title 42 U.S.C. Sections 1986, 1985, and 1983 he's within his rights."

*rip*
    *bang bang*

As the smell of cordite wafts over the remaining troops:

Commander: "Did anyone else happen to notice any other signs posted?"

Subordinates: "NO SIR!"

commander: "You, come here. You just got a field promotion due to supervisor casualty. Now, GIVE THE F*C*IN* ORDER TO OPEN FIRE!"
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.