Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survival: Food Hoarding May Be Illegal......NO?....Check this out:

On the other side of that coin....If I start shooting at law enforcement I can sort of EXPECT them to start shooting back. No really big surprise there. Shouldn't have been a big surprise to them either.

Any law enforcement individual, city, state or federal, is just another person with a family and bills and plans for the week-end. They aren't some boot jacked, faceless warrior hell bent on killing every law abiding citizen. Think what you want but the Wacko crap and Ruby Ridge scenarios don't happen if you abide by the law. I've collected guns and hunted almost all my life and I've never had anyone kick down my door. I haven't run into too many cops that were less than professional. One or two here and there but we all have a bad day and some folks are just azzes no matter what. I'll bet most on here can say the same thing.
    Last edited by Rick; 04-05-2008 at 06:16 AM.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Randy Weaver was set up by the Feds and targeted for his racial beliefs, if you don't think so why is he not still in jail? The Feds saw him as a threat and decided he had to go. it only cost him his wife and son.
    Any goverment big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have...T Jefferson

As I said, believe what you want. He sold sawed off shotguns to an undercover agent and then failed to appear in court. As I said, abide by the law and....

I worked with a guy that sold sawed off shotguns to an undercover agent as well. He served one year and one day in a federal prison.
    Last edited by Rick; 04-05-2008 at 06:35 AM.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

That is not quit true Rick, he cut the barrel down for someone that brought it to him, he told that officer he could not get him one. They were after him and that was what they came up with.

But I can see why someone would shoot a woman holding a baby and a teenage boy in the back over that.
    Last edited by beerrunner13; 04-05-2008 at 06:43 AM.
    Any goverment big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have...T Jefferson

I'm not going to argue with you over it. I wasn't there so I have no way of knowing what went down or why. I can only go by what the media reported. I know of no one in over 50 years that wound up on the wrong side of the law that didn't, in some way, deserve it. That includes a relative or two.

I see your point if the main stream media reported it, it must be true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSSNCgOJCI8

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Black Dog - Eminent Domain was not outlawed. The Supreme Court made a ruling that simply defined when it could be use and for what purposes. Land can still be taken for public works

http://www.ncsl.org/programs/natres/emindomainleg06.htm
    Thanks for the correction. However, we did make it more difficult to seize property here. I heard on the radio, either Steve Gill or Hannity I'm pretty sure, an interview with a woman who made the distinction between a Democracy (which would be a National governing body) and a Republic (multiple self-governing bodies). I could be way off, because I've only studied the bare minimum regarding politics and government. If I didn't misunderstand, she said we were founded on the idea of the USA being a Republic, a country of states with the right to choose under which State's government you want to live under, which makes sense with the name United States. I'm losing faith that there is a chance this will once again be the way this country will be now that every state is so reliant on Federal government funding.
    The mind is it's own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

A lot of the Kennedy EOs referenced by BRAGG were revoked by EO 11490 (Nixon), which was revoked by EO 12656 (Reagan), but the intent remained unchanged: the Feds can use whatever resources they want - including your forced labor - in times of emergency or crisis. Luckily for the Feds, they also get to decide what constitutes an "emergency".

And Rick, read up on Crystal City, Texas if you think that Japanese Americans were the only ones rounded up during WWII. Americans with German, Italian, and Mexican heritage were interned there for up to 6 years! Just because you can't be easily identified by your eyes, doesn't mean your rights are protected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRfSHgdh2UA
    http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/o.../WW/quwby.html
    http://www.tpr.org/news/2009/01/news0901141.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal...nternment_Camp

A. Huxley - How about reading up on the Introduction section and let us know a bit about yourself. Thanks.

Edit: BTW - Bragg was revoked by an executive order issued by Sarge.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 03-01-2009 at 05:54 PM.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    A. Huxley - How about reading up on the Introduction section and let us know a bit about yourself. Thanks.

Edit: BTW - Bragg was revoked by an executive order issued by Sarge.
    Crash, master of taking something really simple, and turning it into something really complicated
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Default Fema & E.o's

It has always been my experience that FEMA operates under (NIMS) National Incident Management System. Which operates from the bottom up. Not from the top down. As an inCident grows,or more incidents occur. NIMS allows State Governors to request FEMA and other Federal Agencies, assistance when conditions get too large for their control or jurisdictions. The (ICS) Incident Command System, allows for local,and State resources to work together, in the same manner, to share resources,to handle varied,types and scaled, emergency situations. Again ICS works from the bottom up. One of the main reasons that New Orleans and adjacent States had such a problem with FEMA was that the offical proper requests were not made in a timely manner. This is still not a valid excuse since FEMA understands the kind and extensive type of emergency incidents requiring their service,and should have been ready.Most of the problems occured because of a difficulty of local first responders to be able to actuate. The Coast Guard however, was on scene before, during and after, and responded outstandingly.

All this sounds way too much like "We're from the government;we're here to help" for me.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

As a personal opinion, if the government wants anything you've got, or has a reason to think you've done something wrong, they can do what they want. If you're hoarding a bunch of food, have a couple of guns, and have survival handbooks, they'll just say you're being arrested on of suspicion of terrorism. After 9/11 with the patriot act stuff, our rights can be thrown away for whatever reason. Once again, just my opinion, take it or leave it
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobywan View Post
    After 9/11 with the patriot act stuff, our rights can be thrown away for whatever reason. Once again, just my opinion, take it or leave it
    Well I for one think that the opinion of a Jedi ghost-hunting dog should be given very serious consideration. What better qualifications than that? Right on Scooby!
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Huxley - Good links. Thanks.

Raught Row.
    What's the matter, Scooby? Do the men in black scare you?
    Uhuh. But only Agent K. Agent J is funny.

Those men in black scare the crap out of me... with those flashy pens... I could end up with a brain tumor or something :P
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein

he should have stored wheat as we all know today that the flour wouldn't have stored long term that way. everything else looked good