Thread: Least fav gun

Default Least fav gun

My is a 454 casull its a ruger redhawk just hard to control but if you hit it the first time you shouldn't need a second lol lol ..

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    My is a 454 casull its a ruger redhawk just hard to control but if you hit it the first time you shouldn't need a second lol lol ..
    I have a love/hate relationship with my .50cal black powder. It's deadly accurate and has put a lot of venison in my freezer... but man, I hate to clean that thing.

Least favorite in the world or just the least favorite I own? Or maybe the least favorite I've ever owned? I don't have any I don't like- life's short and I'm not made out of money so if I'm not in love with something I sell it or trade if off towards something I like better.

But I'll play! When I was a kid my dad had a bolt action 10 ga shotgun...that thing was no fun to shoot! Especially since I was about 90 lbs soaking wet! That sucker would really ring my bell good. I didn't really like his 700 Remington in 7mm Rem Mag, either. The blast was ferocious and the recoil was pretty savage. At one point Dad also had a .357 Mag with a 2" barrel. No fun! Ditto his .44 Mag Mountain Revolver- it was great to carry but it was so light that full-house .44 Mags were like getting punched in the face. I will also say that the TC Arms Contender (single shot pistol) isn't much fun to shoot with rifle barrels. I once fired one with a 30/30 barrel, that's a handful.

As far as "regular" guns I don't much care for S&W auto (the older ones) nor for the Ruger P85. I never had much use for a "crunchenticker" or DA/SA auto unless it can be run Cocked-and-locked. I'm not crazy about Glock pistols, either.

Any and all break-action derringers. If I wanted something that awful, I'd make it from spare plumbing and save some $$$
    I am to misbehave - Captain Mal

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, you aren't entitled to your own set of facts. - Anonymous

Older H&R handguns. You have to be a puzzle master to work on them. I think they were actually designed by some diabolical anti-gunner.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Lever action 30-30's I had a marlin and just never could hit any thing with it.
    I hated it and sold it cheap......................................
    Soon the whole world will be silky smooth

Remington 742 Jam-master

But I'll never sell it. I bought it when I was 12, and have 400 hours of labor in it ($250 for rifle, plus scope, mounts extra mag, ammo = $400 @ $1 per hour). The most expensive gun I own
    "everything's temporary if you give it enough time" J Kilcher

www.HoofRehab.com

I once had a super cheap Ithaca lever action .22 rifle. It looked like a baby Winchester only the action was a falling block single shot. It had a cheap stock and even the bluing was sub par.
    When I first got the gun I shot it and missed the aim point point quite a bit, started adjusting the sights, and kept adjusting the sights, and adjusted the sights some more.
    The rifle would not shoot accurately no matter what you did. I gave it away!

I have to say - none.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

As a public service to our members here I will take all of your least favorite guns off your hands.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That right there folks is why this forum is so highly thought of. As mods, we try to go out of our way to assist. Where else but here would find a mod so willing to do something like that?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Just Hangin' Out...

My least favorite would be "Any" gun pointed at me!
    "I don't know anything, and I can prove it just by opening my mouth...

I love the idea that "Two is one, and one is none." until I try to carry twice as much!

Just Hangin' Out...

Come to think of it, I used to just hate all cheap Saturday Night Specials. I was either a gun prude, or simply safety concious. That sort of ended while working part-time as a gunsmith at a local gunshop... I had in the past refused to work on any cheap, and often dangerous small pistols or revolvers... In walked one of the prettiest young women I had seen in years carrying a Raven .25 ACP, one of my most hated guns! She asked if I could fix a minor feed problem that the gun had? I offered to sell her a "real" firearm! She looked at me and said, "This may be a really cheap gun, and you may think that it is insufficient, but it has kept me from being raped in the bad neighborhood that I live in more than once, so can you please just fix it?" Yep!, I have polished up a damn Raven... I guess they all have their place?
    Last edited by Wildernesstech; 12-18-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    "I don't know anything, and I can prove it just by opening my mouth...

I love the idea that "Two is one, and one is none." until I try to carry twice as much!

Oh, yeah. Ravens. I acquired a couple of those along the way. Nothing neater than racking the slide and have it come off in your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Oh, yeah. Ravens. I acquired a couple of those along the way. Nothing neater than racking the slide and have it come off in your hand.
    That is hilarious!!!!

The only gun I don't like is Glock. The exterior design fits my hand like a block of wood. They shoot okay, but I hate having to readjust my grip and never finding it natural.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

That's a true story. As I remember all you had to do was lift up once the slide was all the way back and it would lift off. I've got a couple 2 or 3 around here but they haven't seen action in years. Now THAT would be a barter item. It would probably kill them as fast as anyone they were pointing it at.

I love your logic! That goes with my barter ammo that is guaranteed to plug a barrel.......
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten