Thread: Trauma Care for the Worst Case Scenario

Default Trauma Care for the Worst Case Scenario

I recently found a great book on Amazon.com called Trauma Care for the Worst Case Scenario by Gunner Morgan. If you are a survivalist, prepper, or shooter this is a good book to have in your collection. You can get it on Amazon.

Well worth the $3 that Amazon charges.

Welcome home. Having a resource without proper training is of little value and can often lead to making the situation worse. I'm not dissing your find just reminding everyone that first aid training isn't something you read in a book. Trauma care requires an even greater degree of training.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome.

Rick make a good point....have you had any other basic First Aid or CPR training?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Rick - Good point indeed. The author does stress that training is required and even provides examples of practical skills that can be modified to fit your needs. Having read a lot of similar style books I find this one very useful and practical.

I wonder what the author thought were "worst case"? I can think of some pretty bad ones that no amount of skill or equipment will help you.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    I wonder what the author thought were "worst case"? I can think of some pretty bad ones that no amount of skill or equipment will help you.
    There will always be situations where the person is going to die even if a trauma surgeon was there to provide immediate care. Does this mean that we should not work on improving our skills and still attempt to save a life? What we do know from Iraq and Afghanistan is that people can survive some pretty devastating injuries with quick and appropriate intervention.

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

I just received a copy of trauma Care for the Worst Case Scenario, purchased from Amazon.com. While I did not learn much that I did not already know, I still think that this was a good buy and I am glad to have it. I will be lending it to my SIL and eventually using it to instruct my GD's in Wilderness Trauma Care. I very much welcome the author's specific recomendations on equipment, and will be ordering those items. I have realized that my GD's are such outdoor girls and becoming hunters and it is time to get them equipped and instructed in first aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradecraft View Post
    There will always be situations where the person is going to die even if a trauma surgeon was there to provide immediate care. Does this mean that we should not work on improving our skills and still attempt to save a life? What we do know from Iraq and Afghanistan is that people can survive some pretty devastating injuries with quick and appropriate intervention.

I agree with you. We should improve our skills and be prepared for really bad stuff. I am just laughing at the title, or choice of words, as it were.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee