Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Like Life Below Zero

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    C_Anthony, did you ever come back to this site? Any advance towards your goals yet?
    I gonna guess that a logical and honest answer wasn't what was looked for.
    I also gonna guess that 1 out of maybe 100 folks that pass thru here, find a subject, ask a question get an answer and move on.

Many just want other to agree or confirm their beliefs....and aren't really interested in conversation other than their agenda.

You put a lot of experience and knowledge into this thread, and should be commended as do all other that that the time a effort to try to help.
    Mostly you do it because you want to....thank you's are hard to come by.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

I find it a bit sad. I very much understand the pull of the wild, as most of us here do. I also understand that anything that is worth living, is worth working for and requires that work. I guess it makes it all the more special. I really don't understand though, the lack of motivation to work for something one wants. Payoffs are not instantaneous.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

I find it a bit sad. I very much understand the pull of the wild, as most of us here do. I also understand that anything that is worth living, is worth working for and requires that work. I guess it makes it all the more special. I really don't understand though, the lack of motivation to work for something one wants. Payoffs are not instantaneous.
    Wise words.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    I gonna guess that a logical and honest answer wasn't what was looked for.
    I also gonna guess that 1 out of maybe 100 folks that pass thru here, find a subject, ask a question get an answer and move on.

Many just want other to agree or confirm their beliefs....and aren't really interested in conversation other than their agenda.

You put a lot of experience and knowledge into this thread, and should be commended as do all other that that the time a effort to try to help.
    Mostly you do it because you want to....thank you's are hard to come by.
    Well, Hunter, I think you are low on the 1 of 100. From my viewpoint it's a lot larger proportion. It seems like a lot of folks are used to sound bite answers that don't take up more than a Tweet. Real discussion takes more than that. And I agree completely that if you don't tell them what they want to hear they are uninterested.

As you know I spend a lot of time reading on the Forum. I appreciate the fact that I keep finding things I didn't know or that I had forgotten. I for one thank you, Rick, Crash, 1sttimestar, Kyratshooter, Winnie, Wildthang, and the others who do take the time to post well-reasoned, knowledgeable info. To me, reading the posts is like panning for gold -- nuggets keep showing up.

SS

PS: After I got on this Forum is the first time I ever crashed into my data limit. Gonna have to upgrade that.

Data Limit. Yeah, that's Crash's fault. That's how he got the name.....or not.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

.....and cash is always welcome........Thanks SS

Yeah, I was gonna use cash for a screen name.......dadburn fat fingers.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well let's see, I know Kavik River Camp cost at least $50,000. Then there are the buildings on it and the MILLION DOLLAR runway. There are no more of these camps left that are not already bought up by the oil companies or native corporations. She is the one who broke the monopoly going on up there. That's why they fought her so hard. Then there is the capital one must have. Sue makes her living by providing fuel to people who are flying around up there. She had to have the money to buy the fuel and to charter planes to fly it up there to begin with. She also provides over night accommodations, a place for site seeing, hunting, etc; a base camp. Scientists, archaeologists, anthropologist, biologists, all sorts of "ists" fly around our north slope and those planes and helicopters need fuel and weather reports.
    I admire Sue, she is a smart tough lady and seems to thrive on the challenge of surviving a tough place. She must be one of those rare people that just don't want to live anywhere close to society!
    I really don't know how she stands to live there but hey, as long as she is happy with what to heck!

Hi I am New and I'm testing to see if I can get a message through. 1-2.. 1-2 greetings from sunnny tampa fl I am interested in camping and was a pretty good camper back in my boy scout days. Thank you in advance for you patience.
    When You Can Turn a Candle On By the Flick of Your Finger Like a Light Switch the Age of Fire Will
    Be Over.

For some reason your post went to moderation. Not sure why, but I've fixed it. Welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome.