Thread: How to Remove a Broken Cork from a Bottle

Default How to Remove a Broken Cork from a Bottle

How many times has this happened to you? You find yourself face down in the gutter with your last bottle of MD 2020 and......Oh, wait a minute. Different thread, sorry.

Ever pull up on that bottle opener only to have half the cork come out? Aggravating isn't it. How are you suppose to get the other half out. You sure don't want to poke it down into the wine.

Crochet hook. Slide it down between the edge of the cork and the bottle. Slip the hook under the cork and presto...out comes the cork. Use a very small diameter one or one that is made with a flat surface. They come in different sizes.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I've always pushed it into the bottle. Never did carry a.......wait is it knit one, pearl two....
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

A thin piece of string or cord with a knot in it, slipped past the cork and then slowly withdrawn, can also do the trick although you might have to be prepared to fiddle with it for a while.

Or you can just go ahead and drink the wine anyway; roughage keeps you regular.
    Life is too short to hurry through.
    ~ Kenny Salwey

I gotta hear this. How do you push string?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I gotta hear this. How do you push string?
    You give it a couple of coats of varnish first. Jeez, and I thought you knew about wilderness surivival!
    Life is too short to hurry through.
    ~ Kenny Salwey

I can't herd cats and I can't push string. I'm really close to perfect but just not quite there yet. Or not quite all there. I haven't figured out which.

How many times has this happened to you? You find yourself face down in the gutter with your last bottle of MD 2020 and......Oh, wait a minute. Different thread, sorry.
    Cork? There is no cork on a bottle of maddog?
    “Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”. Ben Franklin

Loser: When you can't do anything right and really don't care to

you just need to invest in a better corkscrew. I've always just pushed it through the bottle if it breaks off.
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Wine has cork in it?? You have a twist top. Everyone knows that!