View Poll Results: What apoc do you believe will happen?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slow zombie

2 5.26%
  • Fast zombie

2 5.26%
  • Foreign invasion

2 5.26%
  • Nuclear world war

5 13.16%
  • Alien invasion

0 0%
  • Global warming

1 2.63%
  • Sun related apoc

1 2.63%
  • The late coming of the antichrist (sorry if you dont believe in god)

1 2.63%
  • International currency system fails

14 36.84%
  • Other

10 26.32%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Permanant bug out bag contents

Nothing wrong with your understanding. Of course - contents may vary depending on location and plans.

In a nutshell - BOB (bug out bag) is something you can grab quickly to leave your current location (mine are staged in a closet near the door). Their use is generally considered for short term use (a few hours to a few days).

A GHB (get home bag) is just as it sounds - something to get you back home from wherever you have traveled (work, shopping, etc). Again, their contents will vary depending on geography, distance, etc.

For me - since my concerns for bugging out are weather related, man made (things like train derailments, meth lab, terrorist attack, etc) my BOB also includes copies of insurance paperwork, photos of property, important phone numbers etc.

I believe the most important thing one can do when making up a BOB or GHB is to make a list of possible reasons it might be needed (threat assessment) and then prioritize that list. It is also important to be realistic and not rely too heavily on the latest movie or novel to prioritize. While both may give some great ideas and food for thought, living in the "real world" is what is important.

The concerns of living in a jungle environment, remote forest location, urban setting or above the arctic circle will dictate what our threats are and we should plan accordingly.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Great piece of advice...now..I totally forgot about the paperworks and documentation. Hey..Crashdive...terrorist attacks in the USA after 911? Anymore of that there?
    I work for Intel Corp...as an Investigator for Asia Offices...Intel Corp produces most of the CPUs in the world and we are US based , have offices in San Jose, Santa Clara and Oregon...and my boss was an ex fed...the last i heard was on 911 and of course a few nut guys who goes around shooting their school mates and teachers.
    I think you guys are the most safest on the panet unless you are talking about natural disasters, mountain lions and bears.

Terrorism is on my list, albeit not at the top of it because it is a possibility. I live near 3 military bases that may house nuclear weapons and am a couple of miles from an NFL stadium.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I still believe the good old US of A is very capable of thwarting attempts from attacks. You guys have the best defense on the whole planet. The only thing that is keeping me from migrating there is my family.If I am single, and younger, I would have.

I did a whole show on my podcast about bugout bags. It was a really a fun show to do.
    Last edited by Rick; 07-11-2014 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Removed podcast reference

Quote Originally Posted by Modern American Prepper View Post
    I did a whole show on my podcast about bugout bags. It was a really a fun show to do.
    Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome.
    Might want to drop by at the Intro section....
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...-Introductions

Then check out the forum rules about posting you site, blogs or pod casts.......
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ules-amp-Staff
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

It looks like you're more interested in folks giving you money. That's all I could find. I removed the reference.

This has been an interesting read.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."