Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I want for Christmas!

Default What I want for Christmas!

bkrr-02199.jpg yes please.

Out of curiosity....why?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I guess you need it for home improvement project of some kind. I am sure Santa read these forums and will surely gonna grant you this present. Good luck with your project! ( if I am right )

obviously i want this because in my opinion its not only a crucial item to have in any survival scenario but, its pretty much as multi-use as a blade as it gets. i like a blade with a serrated edge. also a hook blade is a very convenient tool to have!
    Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?

Well then....if it works for you, it works for me.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Sometimes cramming too many items into one turns them all into subpar items. Idk about this one but be wary of a tool with too much or that does it all. What brand and or model is that?

Just remember that a knife is a tool. As such it has a specific role. You wouldn't use a screwdriver to drive a nail or a hammer to remove a screw. While you could the proper tool does a much better job. The same is true of knives. But as Crash said......
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

i definitely understand your view randy and rick... i dont have a lot of gear/money. im interested in any good multi use tools- if youve got any advice? not necessarily the all in one. i need a good blade!!
    Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?

This is just my opinion but unless you work with rope a lot a serrated blade isn't really needed. I find they are a lot harder to sharpen than a straight blade and a straight blade if kept sharp will cut the occasional rope just fine.

Look at Mora knives. You can buy a good knife for less than $20 shipped. You can get your choice of straight or serrated if that's what you really want. They come in carbon, stainless and laminated steel. And at that price it won't break the bank.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I'd rather spend all my money on one good tool and wait on the others until I could get then rather than buy a multi that probably sucks.

true randy. but my mind set is for a "on the move" i dont want a lot of weight in my pack. but i agree with you. im down with quality.
    and i have looked/heard about moras. may need some time to peruse the net a bit more.

What would you need a machete for traveling rapidly lightweight on the move? Do you live in a jungle?

HAHAHA sort of.

If you're on the move in a hurry I think you wont be stopping to blaze a path through thick vegetation. And if its thin and you need to move push through

You might want to look around this site! A great source for a Mora!

http://www.safezonellc.com/
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

hey cowboy thanks!

BeFunky_stuff 042.jpg fyi this is my terrain...

Quote Originally Posted by brittanymachine View Post
    BeFunky_stuff 042.jpg fyi this is my terrain...
    Well, what do you know?! That's Cowboysurvival's terrain too.
    It is a small world, after all!

I'm not a fan of serrated blades, either. But to each his/her own! Nice to have you here at WSM, brittanymachine!