Thread: VERIZON WIRELESS SCAM ALERT! my45verizon.com

Blog Entries

Default VERIZON WIRELESS SCAM ALERT! my45verizon.com

VERIZON WIRELESS SCAM ALERT! I just received a phone call from telephone number 800-922-0204 (this is a spoof Caller ID number using Verizon's actual customer service number) claiming to be Verizon Wireless and notifying me that I qualified for a $45.00 "Reward" that I could claim by logging into www.my45verizon.com. My scam antenna immediately went up. I went to that website and found that it looked remarkably like the actual Verizon site EXCEPT that the User ID/Mobile Number Field and the Password Field were on the same screen. Verizon asks for your User ID/Mobile Number and then takes you to a second screen to enter your Password. I DID NOT enter any information and instead contacted Verizon Wireless Customer Service (*611) on my cell phone to inquire if this "Reward" was legitimate. The customer service representative informed me that it was a scam and is designed to steal account information and run up a huge reverse charge phone bill. They also have a scam ad running on facebook! DO NOT LOG INTO THAT SITE IF YOU RECEIVE A CALL ASKING YOU TO DO SO.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Looks like they are out of Uruguay.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

That's a new one. I was figuring Lagos, Nigeria.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

If I had a nickle for every nickle I've won from Nigeria......
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Oh, man. Some of that was hilarious. The examples of scammer responses are pretty profane so a warning to anyone going out there.

The one scammer really laid into the guy calling him some profane names and threatening death and then signed it.....kind regards. Hilarious.

Blog Entries

I played with one of these clowns (actually several, because the writing style and command of English changed from e-mail to e-mail) for several weeks. I actually had one scammer begging me to NOT rob a bank to get money to send "her."
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Had a call from Verizon here a while back........asking me if I was changing my account name and location.....
    My first impression was that call was a scam.....so I asked for the name and employee number, said I would call back...using the Customer number I had.

First he said I could talk to the supervisor....Yeah, right, his buddy standing by as a supervisor?
    So I did call them......
    Turned out to be legit, and there was a guy trying to change everything on my account was still on the line....so the got their Fraud Squad involved and was taken care of.

Seemed he had my SS number so turned the ID protection people loose the check everything........So far no problems.

Now, if I could get Rachel to quit calling and telling me they can get my credit card interest reduced.......So now I just press "One" then say just a minute, and throw the phone on the table......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Bohahahaha....cough spit, choke......Gotta go.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

thanks for the heads up, appreciate it.
    davin