Thread: Medicinal Plants

Default Medicinal Plants

Here is a Word document with 84 medicinal plants for your perusal. I make no claims about the validity of the information. I'm only posting for your information. Use your own judgement on whether the claims are valid.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Awesome post! There are also some online databases with extracts from the King's American Dispensatory which I find useful if you have a question about what a plant might be used for. Look for Henriette's Herbal. It's best to practice identifiying a few useful plants - get good at it - then expand from there. Plants can be tricky to identify. This site has a cool page for some of that too. I am so glad I found yall.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Some of the terms and Family names are antiquated, and no longer in use, but if you cross reference with newer material, you'll find this file very useful! Thanks Rick!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

our property is in or about crater lake,oregon

thanks Rick.
    i downloaded this to save.
    i have an old chest.its a recipe box is what it looks like.
    i have carried it around for years and years.
    since the 70s.its much like this info u shared.
    its recipe cards in a recipe like box with pictures of all the plants in the woods u can use for medical help.
    http://preparednessadvice.com/edible.../#.U8z3CJRX-uY
    if anyone every comes across this.grab it up cause its sure helpful to get a photo of each plant in this little recipe chest.
    i love mine and always am looking at the cards.Natures-Medical-Chest1.jpg

It is also a good Idea, to check and see what plant are native to ones area. Many medical plants have the same use but not all grow in the same region.
    Awanita from the wild patato clan of the Tsalagi/Cherokee. "When the time comes, know how to only be seen when wanted to be seen".