Thread: Survival books

Default Survival books

I'm into my third Tony Nestor book on survival. Anyone else read his books? I like his trap and snare pictures.

I didn't know he had books out. I've seen some of his vids on youtube and he's certainly a colorful character. He seems to know his stuff, especially desert survival. Thanks, I'll have to check out some of his books. Which would you recommend as the first/best to read?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I didn't know he had books out. I've seen some of his vids on youtube and he's certainly a colorful character. He seems to know his stuff, especially desert survival. Thanks, I'll have to check out some of his books. Which would you recommend as the first/best to read?
    I started with this one:http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Hunter-...Nestor%2C+tony

I just got a pocket sized version of the SAS survival guide. I love this book, and remember the older version too.. Ill have to check out the one youre talking about though.

Interesting.
    I was thinking of finding these for a kindle (dont have a kindle)
    Reasoning being is that i can take a lot of survival books with me in a tiny kindle. Can even bring a solar powered recharger so i can keep it juiced up
    And i expect rick to post soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Just finished Cody Lundin's When all hell breaks loose. I have a new respect for the man. I have this in e-book and others for the ease of taking them with me. I could see having this book in paper as a reference.
    The other two I'm reading are Marines winter survival and Tony Nestor's bushcraft tips and tools.

I have two of his Kindle ebooks: Survival gear you can live with and A Vehicle Survival kit you can live with, from the Practical Survival series. I love 'em!