Thread: Great score on eBay!

Default Great score on eBay!

No pics yet but I have to gloat a lil' bit! Last week I won a used Wiggy's Desert Bag off ebay. The price was $44.99 shipped with the stuff sack and pillow! I told myself not to get too excited til it came, just in case it was a POS but I was very pleased. The bag itself is in terrific shape, just a bit wrinkled from being in the stuff sack. Going over it with a fine tooth comb I can find no runs, rips or even stains...zipper is in great shape, too. The loft still seems perfect. Nice thing about Wiggy's bags is that they're machine washable! It could use a bit of 'freshening' so I'll toss it in the wash tonite.

IIRC a Wiggy's Desert runs around $120 give or take. It's a 40 degree rated bag, perfect for 3 season camping. I'll make a confession here; I already had four Wiggy's bags! So it's not like I really needed another one. But at the price I couldn't resist. I planned to post a link to the sale since he had six of them when I got mine but sadly they're gone now.

My plan is to wash it, dry it and then pack in up an a quasi-BOB. In reality it will be more like a pack that I keep 2/3 packed and ready to go when I want to take an overnight trip on short notice. I like to keep a bag partially packed so stuff I use all the time is there when I need it (avoiding those, "Crap! I was sure I put my folding saw in there!" moments).

Blog Entries

Nice..........!
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Wiggy's bags are excellent. That was a great score. I the Wiggy's FTRSS 0 degree bag, 20 degree bag, and the 35 degree over bag. Around here where I live there really is no such thing as a 3 season bag. In the summer it can be 100 during the day and drop to 40 at night. There is really only about 2 months out of the year where the chances of frost overnight are pretty slim.

Wiggy's just opened a retail store in the town I work in and they have a lot of really cool gear. I picked up one of their military style poncho liners and have it stuffed in one of my packs. It's quite a bit warmer than the GI issue ones.
    Take everything you need...nothing you don't...

Wow, that's awesome! I'd love to have a Wiggy's store nearby, but I'd be even broker than I am now! I have a Black/Green Slumber bag (the older style before they went to gray) that I use for camping and as bedding at home. I have an older purple mummy bag that I know nothing about; it's Wiggy's, purchased on ebay, no info at all. But it's nice enough that I set out to buy new ones. I also have a FTRSS rig, a Superlight that's good to 0F on it's own + the overbag to bring it down to a rated -40F. Of course, the overbag is great in warmer weather although the slumber is what I use in the summer. Now I expect the Desert to replace it for 3 season camping, allowing me to leave it with my camping/hiking stuff and leave the Slumber on my bed.

It was pretty clean when I got it but it's in the washer right now. Maybe I'll toss it on my bed and see how it feels tonite.

Congrats, sounds like a deal.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

After a wash and dry I have to say it looks basically new! I tossed it on the top of my bed and slept the night in it just to check the loft and see how it fits. She's a keeper! I have a new external frame pack on the way, should be here soon. It's nothing amazing but it should be a good pack for shorter trips. My plan is to leave the new Desert Bag lashed to the frame and ready to go at a moments notice.

Congrats on the find.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel