Thread: Book Idea.

Blog Entries

Cool Book Idea.

Okay, let's see how this goes. !st we need a name for this group! Go for it people!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

survival masters

Blog Entries

Wink Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by WildGoth View Post
    survival masters
    Hmmm, that title implies that we think we know it all. In my opinion I think we should be cautious about that, but I'll let others say what they think. By the way, thanks for jumping in!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Survivor People ?
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Blog Entries

Book title "A Walk in the Woods".

Written by Those that have stumbled.

Quote Originally Posted by FVR View Post

The title might make people think its just about the woods tho
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Blog Entries

Cool Next!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony uk View Post
    Survivor People ?
    That's two, any others? I'm writing them down!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Wink Walking in the woods with...

I think that one might also have been taken. Maybe "Stumbling Through the Woods"? ;>)
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Sorry but that is already taken. "A walk in the woods" by Bill Bryson. It is about the author that hiked the Appalachian Trail...at least part of it.

As Sarge 47 said "Stumbling Through the Woods" .... or "Taking a Stumble in the Woods".
    Last edited by mbarnatl; 07-15-2007 at 09:34 PM.
    "The ability for a person to prevail in a survival situation is based on three factors: survival knowledge, equipment, and will to survive. All are important, but the most important is the will to survive." -Greg Davenport

Blog Entries

Cool ground rules

Okay, while I'm waiting on the creative juices to flow heres a couple of "no-no's".

1.) No using celebrity names like Bear or Les or any of that, besides, it might be illegal to do so without their permission.

2.) Very few of those here are "experts"; I prefer to think of all of us as "contributers".

3.) We'll do this in order, 1st coming up with a name for the group here, then for the book, then a list of subjects/contents, an outline, and so on & so on.

Any further comments or complaints?
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Not sure about what you asking for a group name for? ...thought this is a group... "wilderness-survival.net" ...the wilderness survival forum is a group / community.
    "The ability for a person to prevail in a survival situation is based on three factors: survival knowledge, equipment, and will to survive. All are important, but the most important is the will to survive." -Greg Davenport

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mbarnatl View Post
    Not sure about what you asking for a group name for? ...thought this is a group... "wilderness-survival.net" ...the wilderness survival forum is a group / community.
    I thought giving the group it's own idenity would help us come up with a name for a book on Survival. I belong to a "Christian Leadership" Forum that has a name: Theophilus Journey. We have members from all over the world. Some are even published authors. The group has grown so close that we now try to come together once or twice a year in person. We could narrow it down to the initials: W.S.F.G. (Wilderness Suvival Forum Group) like you mentioned, although personally I think that sounds like the call sign of a radio station. Besides, it's one way to get off of the "Man vs. Wild vs. Survivorman vs. film credibilty debate we just had earlier.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Hey... also you need to check with this site webmaster/owner if this is ok. And due credit does go to this site/forum.

I also understand what you are saying about the group name now.

Blog Entries

Cool New Blog for book!

Okay guys n' gals. I didn't mean to step on any toes here, so I created a blog page for anyone interested in continuing with the book idea. sargesheros.blogspot.com. Hope to see some of you there! Meanwhile I'll hang out here but lay off the book idea while on this website...cool?
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Okay, while I'm waiting on the creative juices to flow heres a couple of "no-no's".

1.) No using celebrity names like Bear or Les or any of that, besides, it might be illegal to do so without their permission.

2.) Very few of those here are "experts"; I prefer to think of all of us as "contributers".

3.) We'll do this in order, 1st coming up with a name for the group here, then for the book, then a list of subjects/contents, an outline, and so on & so on.

Any further comments or complaints?
    Non-Celebrity Survival Forum Contributers! I think that fits your criteria, and as for the title of the book just start with "Sarge's Compilation of helpful survival tips stolen from" jk but i probably wouldn't buy the book if I wasn't one of the contributers.
    Last edited by spiritman; 07-15-2007 at 11:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Cool Point!

Quote Originally Posted by spiritman View Post
    Sarge's Book Derived From Non-Celebrity Survival Forum Contibuters! I think that fits your criteria, but i probably wouldn't buy the book if I wasn't one of the contributers.
    Good point, I wouldn't expect it to be a book put up for sale, but rather a collection of knowledge gathered from this group, perhaps put into a down-loadable form so that everyone could have their own copy of what's been shared? Any other ideas?
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

not really for a title, but I would like to see the finished product/ help out if I can.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Book Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritman View Post
    not really for a title, but I would like to see the finished product/ help out if I can.
    Cool. So as not to conflict with this website I've created a blog at sargesheros.blogspot.com. Feel free to input all you want. Right now We're trying to come up with a name for the group so as to personalize the book.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

helping a fellow survivalist