Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starting a New Garden

The rest of the pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

That first pic is just the berries. They'll be laughing at that when they are 25 or so. My kids just wen through some old pictures Saturday when they were over. Great job on the garden. You'll forget all the hard work when you start harvesting the food.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

That's some serious help you've got there!
    All my tender veg is still in the greenhouse, and I have major soil envy! Everything looks fantastic.
    I must update the allotment thread. I had a battle with flea beetle on the brassicas last week, there were some losses and I was reduced to chemical warfare, I'm afraid.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

DD and SIL garden here in Louisiana is going full tilt boogie........They picked about 4 bushels of green beans, bartered w/a neighbor, a bushel of beans for 10 jars of pickles and jelly from last season.

Cherry tomatoes already ripening.

Guess they need to get the garden in early before the hot weather starts.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Great progress and cool help. While they'll appreciate the pics when they are older........you can blackmail them with the pics when they are teens.

Dad: Now remember...home by 10:00 otherwise the new love of your life will see those pics.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I need to get some updated pictures of the progress. Shannon Valerie was born on the 27th, so I have been busy taking care of the boys while momma gets settled again. The garden has been backseated to only maintenance.

The garden has been battling and winning for the most part. First my oldest decided to stop the pumpkin plants, they came back and then got eaten, and now back again with some buds. The tomatoes have been buffeted twice now, but survived and full of green tomatoes. I lost all the lettuce and beets to another buffet compliments of the groundhogs which are currently being hunted by my brother-in-law. If only I thought I could get away with discharging a firearm in city limits, that problem would be solved. My lovely neighbors think they are cute and been feeding them...I would like to feed them to the groundhogs. The peppers are doing great and looks like I should have a harvest within a month of bell and jalapeno. Corn is over waist high and not slowing. Cantaloupe have also come back from being eaten but no buds yet. Peas are gone, but I am planning to replant them with a bed of beans after I get the lettuce and beets going again.

Hope everyone else is having a successful garden this year.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

Congrats on the birth of Shannon Valerie.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Congratulations!!!! I'm glad mom and daughter are doing well.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Congratulations! Glad to hear all are well.

I feel your pain on losing plants. This year has been a constant battle with slug, snails and flea beetle. I lost a few things and have replanted, others are hanging on in there and opefully will pull through. Your weather is obviously much better than mine as I have only just planted out Squashes, Pumpkins and beans. Look forward to comparing.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Congrats , man....to you and Mom and family.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Had to replant cukes, zukes and beans yesterday. Dang rabbit had a field day and set up shop in my garden. My grandkids have some toy snakes here at the house so I planted them too. We'll see if the rabbit is impressed or eats them as well.

Congratulations, growing a garden is easy compared to a family. This year I started a 3rd world garden spot. It’s only nutrient is charcoal from my wood stove and it’s doing surprising well!

Thank you everyone. If all is well, some of you that attend the Jamboree will get to see the rugrat bunch.

Garden is still doing good and I plan to eat some peppers this coming week. For some reason my pepper plants decided to grow sky high, have to be every bit 3 1/2 feet tall. Tomatoes are getting heavy and I have to keep tying them up.

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

Congrats on Shannon and MOM and you
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15