Thread: Edible Wild Recipes/Plants/Seeds/Roots/Mushrooms in ISRAEL.

Default Edible Wild Recipes/Plants/Seeds/Roots/Mushrooms in ISRAEL.

Can anyone help me out with this concern? Because, all of those threads, are only including your natural wild food, but in Israel, it is stormy, hot and half of the country is occupied with desert and sand. :P I need something for myself, if I want to go for a journey somewhere in the wilderness, and harvest myself some delicious stuff.

There has to be web sites and books that cover "wild edible plants of Israel" have you done a search on your web browser? I just did and found several. I live in the US and have no information on plants in your area.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

You seem to want everything at once. I understand the desire but the reality is it just doesn't work that way. It takes time to learn things and become proficient at tgem. Have you done any work on finding and purifying water yet?

Karl offer a good suggestion. Just make sure you know with certainty what a plant is before it goes in your mouth.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Well.. I got you guys. I thought perhaps there are participants from Israel as well. I assume the really best resource for researching about edible wild plants, is the internet and the professionals' articles and essays about it. Thank you very much for re-directing me.

Quote Originally Posted by III World War View Post
    Well.. I got you guys. I thought perhaps there are participants from Israel as well. I assume the really best resource for researching about edible wild plants, is the internet and the professionals' articles and essays about it. Thank you very much for re-directing me.
    The best way is to find a local expert on your area....and learn from him/or her.

Books and the internet are good starting points, but you need boots on the ground with some one that has been there and done it.

Start slow, concentrate on one thing at a time and have fun learning.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27