Thread: Wilderness Teas

Default Wilderness Teas

Hey guys and girls,

What kinds of foraged teas do you make? what is your favorite? I love the peppermint/pine needle myself. Very healthy and very easy to come by around here (Ontario). Here's a video on my channel of how I make it, check it out and let me know what you guys do different!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZgN72pOV9E

I also like pine but without the peppermint. Very clean and refreshing. Bee Balm is another as is blackberry leaf.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Pine needle is also one of my favorites, with Balsam Fir being on top of my list. Add some wild winter green berries, some wild grapes and now your talking. Cedar and juniper berries is a good one for sore throats and colds, but only in moderation. Red clover and golden rod also make a very nice mild tea very much like camomile.

Of those that have not already been mentioned; Sweet Fern, Pennyroyal, and Agrimony. I keep meaning to try Wild Bergamot but have a habit of giving it away!
    Last edited by mountainmark; 10-23-2013 at 02:21 PM.