Thread: It's me!

Default It's me!

Greetings!

I am Third (III) World War, actually, that's my appellation on this forum. But my forename is Arthur, and I am from Israel. I am "researching" and preparing myself to the third world war, to any natural crisis. I find all of this very essential, urgent and necessary, if I want to survive the upcoming occasions. Therefore, I decided to join those forums, and start participating in discussions, learning, gaining skills and knowledge regarding survival and stabilizing in a primitive enviroment/wilderness.

If any of you, could re-direct me to guides, briefs and tutorials regarding survival, how to prepare yourself et cetera. Please, let me know about it, just reply on this thread, and I will be so grateful!

Cheers!

Welcome. It would be very helpful if we knew your approximate age. Have you completed your military service? That will help us shape appropriate answers to your questions. In the meantime, to get started you might take a look at:

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/chp1.php

Don't forget the search feature in the upper right hand corner.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Well.. I have begun reading that explanatory on the homepage of the site. But I would like to hear more about your opinions/tips et cetera. I am really hopeful to learn out of this community a lot, and get myself prepared for the future surviving.

For your question, Rick. I am 16 years of age. If there is any question popping up, bump me up, a'ight?

Hello and welcome.

If you have specific questions just start a new thread and ask. It is impossible for us to know what knowledge and skills you posses, and those that you envision you might need.

Your conscripted service starts soon. Have you looked into what sort of courses are available as part of that?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I am not sure what you do mean by "conscripted service"; did you mean combat forces/military service? Well.. The first mobilization order is in next half year. I am a little bit considering my options. My physical stability isn't the best so far (although I play soccer, in a football club), so I am not sure to what unit I am going to register onto. But I really hope I will have the balls to enroll the combat unit, because I want to defend my country (I am a patriot so... ). But if not to the combats, then I consider trying out medical units in the battlefields, you know.

I don't possess much skills, and surely not enough for living in the wild. And that's basically the reason I joined this community. I am an ideologist, and I believe in a lot of religious / spiritual (maybe even atheistic) theories, regarding the third world war, which is going to wipe two-thirds of the human population on earth. So, I really try to learn more and more about surviving. By now, I try to find a way to purchase a BB gun - Sniper Rifle Model (a professional, but a cheap one). It is hard for me to learn such things, as I live in Israel, and we're really all globalized and modernized. There are not much stores where there are purchasable kits, tools and gear for a wilder living, unfortunately. We mostly use smartphones, not knots and netted rucksacks. :P But I would like to really learn from you all, and obtain the skills I need.

So, what do I exactly need? I want to learn, how to produce food /water / medications out of the natural resources, how to squeeze the most possible from everything in the wild. I don't even know, how to create fire with planks of wood. Therefore, I got a lot to learn yet.

I wouldn't be too concerned about WWIII just yet. You can focus more on today and what you can do to increase your knowledge and skills. I would suggest you start with the basics. There is a very basic rule called the Rule of 3s.

In an extreme situation you cannot live more than:
    3 minutes without air
    3 hours without shelter
    3 days without water
    3 weeks without food

Which of those is the most important will depend on what extreme circumstance you find yourself in. And they are not absolutes. However, they serve as a good rule of thumb to keep the important things at the forefront of your training and to help you remember to prioritize your needs. In other words, it would not be a good thing to concern yourself with food if you were in the middle of Sinai Desert. You would be more worried about water and shelter from the sun in summer or the night time cold.

Since fresh water can be an issue depending on where you are in Israel you might consider learning how to find and purify water. I know Israel just lifted the drought advisory you've been under for a few years so it is pretty clear fresh water can be a concern whether you are in an urban, rural or desert environment. I would suggest you start your training there.

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Okay. So after briefly reading your intriguing reply (thank you very much for posting it), I got a question. Where can I start learning, about getting/finding water, and purifying it? Can you assist me with this?

In the same link I provided earlier. Here is the specific section:

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/chp6.php

Thank you very much, Rick. Going to grant you a rep for your helpful sticking to me!

Blog Entries

Cool Howdy from Sarge!

Welcome aboard! Here's a blog I wrote that might also help you. Start at "The Way of the Scout" and keep going!....
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Hunter63, saying Hey and Welcome.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Thank you guys. I am going to read the blog.

So, I read some of your articles. Firstly, I really liked your writing agenda. Secondly, there are some useful information and details for me. So, thanks for sharing your blog in this thread!

Take a look at this, so you can understand what I have in mind right now:

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...pears&p=416785

Blog Entries

Cool well now...

Thanks Rick, I totally brain-farted and forgot to post the link!...
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Thanks Rick, I totally brain-farted and forgot to post the link!...
    And here we just thought you made it disappear.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Forums!
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark