Thread: Men Destroy State Park Formation and Post on Facebook

Default Men Destroy State Park Formation and Post on Facebook

I was pretty disgusted to watch grown men destroy a state park formation and then brag about it by posting it on Facebook. The fact they are Scout Leaders and had scouts present only compounds the problem. I contacted the Boy Scouts of America's National Council and ask that these men be removed from scouting and I've also contacted the director of Utah's State Parks and urged him to prosecute these men. What a terrible example to set for kids.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/18/us...der-destroyed/
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Watched the video and I am aghast. We wonder why we have such destructive kids being formed - well examples of adult "leaders" like this sure explain a lot. So glad they are charged with felonies. Thanks for posting.
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

Moooooooo. If the idiots were serious, then it's the same kind of mentality that wants to redo all the playground equipment so that everything is perfectly safe and that there's no chance that anyone could possibly get hurt growing up.

I walk by the big stone column at Brushy Lake campground and stare at it in awe, "Oh man, I'd love to be around when that thing goes." A lot of the awe is in the fact that it's natural and one day it will naturally let go and I can imagine the catastrophe. I certainly don't want to make it happen so only I can see it. And I know that it could let go while I'm in front of it, which is why I pay attention. Any body that get's landed on by one of the Goblin Rocks is where they shouldn't be doing something they shouldn't be doing.

There are deposits of really nice gemmy materials in North Carolina but people should realize that the rock holding the gems, in the case of an overhang, is also holding up several tons of rock above them, but people are still stupid enough to go under these overhangs and start chipping away and, predictably, occasionally, a rock will fall and squash someone.

Sheep ranchers will quickly tell you how stupid sheep are. They will blithely wander into the most dangerous situations imaginable if they're not closely watched. A world designed for domesticated sheep would be absolutely flat and devoid of any hazards - there would only be nice, tasty grass growing. Their wild cousins - the ones that like going up sheer rock faces that have tiny little ledges and hoof holds - would hate it. The greatest proportion of the "technologically advanced" world today is occupied by sheeple and, if they have their way, the world will be flat and absolutely tasteless. I imagine that's why so many people love Kraft macaroni and cheese - tasteless.

As to Boy Scout leaders, I've talked about that. As long as I've been associated with the Boy Scouts, there has been this kind of stupidity saturating the ranks. We once had a campboree on a local farmer's property and all that they asked us was to not allow vehicles on the plot that we were camping on - they didn't want the tires tearing up the land. We agreed and I was directing traffic, but we had a weather report of approaching storms and I couldn't keep the Scout leaders out. Had I stood in front of them, they would have run me over. Scout leaders are not brave and they want to get out quick at the first sign of danger.

I have a closet full of Scouting t-shirts I can't wear. T-shirts are included in the campboree fees so you're actually buying a t-shirt (whether you want to or not) when you attend - leader or no. On that same campboree, I was busy directing traffic while they were handing out t-shirts. When someone spelled me off, I walked over and the leader who was handing them out pulled one out, said, "All we have is double x," threw it at me, and walked off without another word. (I wear large.) Our local District Leader said that he would replace it for me so I gave it to him and never saw it again.

The next campboree, the woman handing out the t-shirts asked if I wouldn't rather have an extra large (unlike most folks today, I don't like t-shirts that swallow me whole). I told her that, no, I wear large t-shirts, so she gave me a packaged t-shirt. Next morning, I look at it and it was an extra large and, of course, they were out of t-shirts by then. So I realized that regardless of what I wanted, they were going to give me an extra large nd all my Scouting t-shirts are extra large. Scout leaders are most definitely not trustworthy.

They're not reverent either. I think I mentioned the skit elsewhere where the hypnotized Eagle Scout killed a couple of "Bible Thumpers".

Nor are they clean. I am aghast at the filthy speech and jokes they use around the Scouts.

And I won't keep going through the other Scout Laws. I've seen all of them broken with impunity by Scout leaders around Scouts, and they wonder why the donations from "Friends of Scouting" are diminishing year by year. Frankly, the new "replacement" scouting organizations don't bother me. The present Boy Scouts, which is more about making lots of money for the staff, and not about providing Scouts with fun growth experiences needs to go away and allow something more like Old Scouting to replace it. Scouting has been subverted by sheeple.

I'm still a Scout, but I'm a Wolf Scout - not a sheep scout.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

What a Richard Cranium..........
    They outta make him put it back.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

That would be pretty good justice.

When I was in high school we had a kid in the special ed class that decided to steal a railroad tie. He CARRIED it home. Probably two miles or pretty close. He got caught and the judge ordered him to return so he carried it back. Anyone ever try to pick up a good railroad tie? I guess it could have been worse. It could have been a switch tie.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    That would be pretty good justice.

When I was in high school we had a kid in the special ed class that decided to steal a railroad tie. He CARRIED it home. Probably two miles or pretty close. He got caught and the judge ordered him to return so he carried it back. Anyone ever try to pick up a good railroad tie? I guess it could have been worse. It could have been a switch tie.
    Yes, and it's a PITA....fitting, some day I tell ya my boat story
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Those D&^%*^$% scout leaders. I am actually ashamed that they are from Utah. BSA will most likely revoke their memberships. I'll leave the rest of WVZ's rant alone.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

I will back up and say that I have known some excellent people as Scout leaders - just that there's way too many of the other kind.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Blog Entries

Default What...?

Boy Scout leaders my hind end! It's stupid stuff like this that get barriers put around monuments like that! I hope they get their BSA membership revoked, but then, if the BSA use Bear Grylls then anythings possible....
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

The Boy Scouts kicked them out: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/21...cmp=latestnews

They make all scouts and scout leaders look bad. I'm glad they are out.
    If you can keep your head when all about you, are losing their's and blaming it on you. -Kipling

Blog Entries
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Thanks KD. I hadn't seen that news release.

Well, I hope the BSA kicked that *** out. He needs to be prosecuted by the federal government, spend a little time behind bars in the big house as far as I'm concerned. He needs to apologise to the kids and parents for being a no account turd. Followed by spending a few summers cleaning up the park and working on trails.

I seen this story on my local news. What I found interesting is five years earlier the guy was in a car accident and was too disabled to work. Yet he has the strength to knock over a large rock. The news showed a video clip of the deed, the guy has a laugh like a moron.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Oh man. Now I gotta change my laugh. Can you Google non-moron laughs?