Thread: Where to buy .22 ammo?

Default Where to buy .22 ammo?

We have a Marlin 60 that we can't seem to get ammo for. Everywhere I go they are sold out due to shortage (Gander Mountain, Fleet Farm, a couple other local traders). Any ideas?

Oops I should have posted this in the Guns & Ammo forum! If someone could please move it
    Last edited by MamaBear; 10-14-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Moved. Are you looking for a specific type of .22 (short, long) or just any kind?

.22 short http://ammoseek.com/?gun=rimfire&cal=93

.22 long http://ammoseek.com/?from=resultspag...ks=&sortby=cpr
    .22 long http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/chea...649_14654.html
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Well, the whole country is going thru the same thing.

So, how bad do you want some?
    Gander Mountain get ammo on Wed. at our store, and guys have been waiting in line to buy a limited number of boxes....2 small or one bulk at a time.
    Walmart won't tell you which days it's delivered.....with a "Duh, what?...Donno".....
    Shows are expensive but available.
    Interweb mostly "out of stock" or double the price....and a Hazmat shipping fee.

Good news is it seems to be leveling out on everything except .22 and .22 mag....with CCI being the most available.

Over the summer found some at a yard sale, and had a friend pass some along, at a decent price.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

A few stores around here have it, but the prices are higher than I am willing to pay. A friend was working in Texas and came through town on his way to his next job in south Florida. He picked up some 22lr for me in Texas where it was plentiful. Some places have it - some are still struggling to get it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Try gunbot.com they update the site I believe every eight hours

Also ammoseek.com and gun-deals.com sometimes catch things gunbot misses, ad vice versa.

A lot of times it's dumb luck. Last night I checked Wally World and they had everything you want in stock. Lots of CCI Mini-Mags, many 100 round boxes of 9mm, tons of .45ACP...they even had .300 AAC Blackout! Seriously, 300 Blackout at Wal-Mart!

Thanks for the tips guys! I ended up finally coming across some at the local Gander Mountain. I bought all they had. I am just starting out learning about firearms, I've had my Marlin 60 for months now and haven't been able to practice on it yet because I couldn't find ammo for it! I bought a 12 gauge today too.

[QUOTE=hunter63;416136]Well, the whole country is going thru the same thing.

....and a Hazmat shipping fee. >>>----->For .22 ammo, Who,Where,When?

I got a box of CCI copper plated round nose bulk a few weeks ago at a local sportsmans shop and I lucked out and got 3 boxs of 50 CCI std. velocity at Walmart yesterday.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Cheaper than dirt or wallyworld
    Soon the whole world will be silky smooth

[QUOTE=Mischief;416999]
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Well, the whole country is going thru the same thing.

....and a Hazmat shipping fee. >>>----->For .22 ammo, Who,Where,When?
    I'm good, thanks for asking,....been good actually, last major shortage was 2008, for primers.....Good there as well.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I just happen to be in Dicks Sporting Goods and grabbed 3 boxes of 9mm. Didn't look for anything else, but all the ammo shelves looked at least partially stocked, no gaping holes of nothingness like I saw earlier in the year. I guess it's area by area though. I might go back and see what else they have. The irony is I only have a shotgun, I bought the 9mm for a friend at 3 bucks a box less than he pays locally. It was 15 bucks for 50 rounds, 115g, MC. No idea if that is a good price or what though compared to whatever it used to go for. I'm actually gonna see if anyone else needs me to keep an eye out for stuff, as I know they had a rather heavy ammo crunch in PA.

A few nights ago I was at WallyWorld, and again the shelves were groaning under the weight of CCI Mini-Mag .22LR and 9mm ammo (WWB and Federal Champion). It varies, sometimes there's more, sometimes less, but I haven't had much problem getting ammo lately.

Try from here:

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 05-25-2020 at 12:54 PM.

The Mother Ship!!!!

Alan

That's what's beyond the comet.