Thread: a late hello

Default a late hello

Hello all I guess better late then never already been a member for about a month and I have done some posts and replies this would be the 8th. Seems everyone on here is pretty good guy/gal, so a little about me.
    I live in Phoenix, Az, family man, employed, like to go hunting and camping that kind of stuff and I have always felt survival/self-dependence is a must have for everyone. Not saying anything about the current government or the overall situation of the US but its nice to have some idea of what a bug out bag needs to be, and gaining new ideas how to live a life with out needing a grocery store and running water. Also yes my signature is a movie quote, anyone?
    "Big, f***-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. $h!t 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro."

Welcome home. Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. I watched it again the other night. My favorite character? Oh, come on. Gotta be......wait for it.......Bacon!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

nice very nice, Rick I'm starting to think you know everything around here. And yes Bacon is the best character, one of Jason Statham's better roles before he said yes to every script.
    "Big, f***-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. $h!t 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro."

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Well welcome from Alaska. Jump on in. Oh wait, you already did. Heeheee.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Welcome from Florida.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Welcome from another Phoenician!

HUnter63, saying Hey and Welcome.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Welcome to the fire. Glad you found us. Looking forward to hearing from you. Nice knife. What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by DSJohnson View Post
    Nice knife. What is it?
    its a stock photo (random pic from internet) of a Busse team Gemini LB, a knife which I may or may not own.... Besides Busse being one of the hardest knifes to destroy, this model is used by Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) in "The Walking Dead" for a zombie kill.

Never saw any of "The Walking Dead" but it looks like an interesting knife. Thank you.

Awe I just saw the thread for the show in the forum, gotta say I am a huge fan of both show and comic. And Zombie is the best horror genre imho

"May or may not own"? Why so cryptic?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

A man of mystery
    The biggest fire starts from a small spark

Welcome from WI. I'm new here also. I've been reading and reading and reading with occasional post breaks, then right back to reading. Soooo much info on here. And I agree Rick might just know everything. Lol
    An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

If I don't know it I'll make something up that sounds reasonable.

I may or may not own/do anything, yeah NSA I'm talking to you. When I replied that was the first thing I thought of could not resist. And for the record, Rick does know everything and as for the stuff he makes up it sounds very reasonable.

Hey I'm nothing if not imaginative.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Forums!
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark