Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tayho - Pork Butt Question

You have a DCS just for hot dogs? (big sigh. Shakes his head)
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You have a DCS just for hot dogs? (big sigh. Shakes his head)
    It wasnt suppose to be that way Rick It was suppose to be the end all be all type of grille. Didnt work out. My Weber Q at the lake did a better job. It now sits on the deck looking all pretty but useless in comparison.

The wife uses it if I'm late getting home, its easier for her to start and cook.

I've heard good things about those BGE's. It's just that with everything I have around here, if I get one more pit, my wife would really be unhappy.
    I have a Weber gas grill ran a natural gas line to and only use it for quicky things, like steaks, hot dogs, brats and things like that.
    I'm always looking for the ultimate set up. A friend of mine in Hope, Arkansas is worse than me. I'll bet he has more pits/grills than anyone else. Ironically he uses them all. The best one he has is homemade. I can't even begin to describe it and am trying to get him to borrow someone's digital and take pictures of it to send to me.

I'll check back later... the "War Eagle" is almost home and I need to finish dinner.

Banned

I'd like to see a couple pics of your friends setup. Be interesting to see since he made it himself.

Every early summer I have a party for my closest clients and cook a large prime rib roast from my best steer. It's butchered and since it's over 1300 lbs I age it 28 days plus. (wait for dark purple) I take the roast before it's froze and throw it on the BGE. After a high heat sear, I slow cook it for 18-20 hours. I'm famous for it and every year it turns out to be a big hit.

After the party I sleep for about two days.....

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by BraggSurvivor View Post
    I'd like to see a couple pics of your friends setup. Be interesting to see since he made it himself.

Every early summer I have a party for my closest clients and cook a large prime rib roast from my best steer. It's butchered and since it's over 1300 lbs I age it 28 days plus. (wait for dark purple) I take the roast before it's froze and throw it on the BGE. After a high heat sear, I slow cook it for 18-20 hours. I'm famous for it and every year it turns out to be a big hit.

After the party I sleep for about two days.....
    I showed my wife this picture and she said she hates you. Jealousy is such an endearing trait.

You two can stop at any time. Otherwise I'm gonna be camping on your doorstep waiting for the next party.

Seriously though, I think you two should have a get together with the forum members and hold a contest. I don't think anyone here would have a problem being a judge for that. Might be a tie though, and you'd have to have another round or ten on the pit.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Banned

LOL, I'm not the freak around here, you should see my German neighbor spread out a feast. He use to own the Bavarian Inn here in town. Unbelievable!

Judges? Did he say judges? I'm in!!! Please, please, oh please.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Bragg... I'd hurt myself eating that roast! Wow, that's a nice looking chunk of meat!

I've been trying to get my friend in Ark. to get me those pictures for the last few months, but like many of my buddies down there, "hurry" is not in their vocabulary. It's sort of an offset type smoker/pit made from some pretty heavy steel. What I liked about it was that he could cram the firebox full of split logs and once it got down to coals, he'd cram more in there and the new logs would only smolder and the heat stayed right at 225 - 250. It wasn't a traditional offset like my Klose.

I'm willing to concede a draw right now on any contests. BraggSurvivor does his "q" the right way, so that's always a winner in my book.
    I am really impressed with that pit you are using. I've seen them and heard people talk about them, but I've never seen the finished product with one.

Judges?

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Nope. Not buying it. Sapper called for a duel and the judges are lining up.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Crash - I can eat that roast in......2 minutes. (name that song).

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Crash - I can eat that roast in......2 minutes. (name that song).
    2 minutes? Ha - amature!
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel