Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear Grylls or Ray Mears ?

Default Bear Grylls or Ray Mears ?

J have not been on this forum for very long. Have loved all the posts and views I have seen . What is your opinion of either of these guys , with survival In mind. I have to admit , for me , it is a loaded question. It would be nice to hear your views of both of these individuals.

Do a search. LOL. There are probably 10,000 threads on them. Maybe more. I lost count after 9500. LOL
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Please don't tell Sarge about this thread. Let's keep it on the QT.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

You're right. He'll just hijack it and start talking about cute tushes and fine wines.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

i used to like bear but his antics while risking injury for ratings is starting to get old. i'm starting to watch ray a little more often...

Maybe threads like these, it's just best to let the newbs talk amongst themselves. We might be tired of it, but it's all new to them.
    Give em some slack?
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Yeah, ....Y'all have at.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Maybe threads like these, it's just best to let the newbs talk amongst themselves. We might be tired of it, but it's all new to them.
    Give em some slack?
    Yeah but........

Then they might feel like they're being ignored. Everybody should interact as much as they feel comfortable IMO.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Just having fun. If he want's to talk about Bear and anyone else he's more than welcome too. No one was calling him down for it. But you have to admit, Bear has been talked about on here more than any one or thing in the universe. LOL.

Wasn't really wanting to talk about Bear. I don't understand why he would be so often discussed. In my opinion the guy is a jerk. The stuff on TV is so fake its laughable. Ray Mears on the other hand, walk the walk. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk01 View Post
    Wasn't really wanting to talk about Bear.
    Did you want me to edit the title of your thread then?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Most of the conversations have run along those lines. I did edit one word in your post. We try to keep it PG-13. We have pre-teens logged on here.

I was going to comment about not finding a BG fan here, but won't.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Wasn't really wanting to talk about Bear.
    Then why start the thread asking people to talk about it?

I don't understand why he would be so often discussed.
    It is because people start threads titled "Bear Grylls or Ray Mears ? " and then ask "What is your opinion of either of these guys? ".

I like Mears. A real survivalist goes into the woods and comes out fatter.

If I was in a survival situation with Bear, I would consider him an asset. He is about the same as Tetti as far as survival is concerned, except Tetti has someone with him to rein him in.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Wasn't really wanting to talk about Bear. I don't understand why he would be so often discussed. In my opinion the guy is a jerk. The stuff on TV is so fake its laughable. Ray Mears on the other hand, walk the walk. Just my opinion.
    So right there is the jest of the matter.....Ask a question, either/or then come back with a "so and so" is a jerk.\, and the opinions start flying.
    I don't think anyone ever changed their opinion because of the forum thread......it is an exercise in typing....for all to enjoy.

They are vids and TV shows.....entertainment to chose to watch or not.
    There is no good/bad, better/best.....just some one(s) that went thru the process, of learning how to do stuff, then selling the idea to people that will pay (job?).....Bingo expert.
    Bear must be doing something right...I hear he owns an island.....?

So vote with your remote......glean what you can, discard the BS and move on....
    I don't really care for Bear either.....But then again Ruth is HOT.

See? I knew that Ruth part was going to be there when I saw you had posted. I mean, yeah, you ain't wrong but I still knew it was gonna be there.

Sorry Rick , will mind my P's and Q's in future. Ruth is hot , much nicer than Bear or Ray .

P's and Q's....pints and quarts....right?...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk
    will mind my P's and Q's in future. Ruth is hot , much nicer than Bear or Ray .

Spot on. Some things don't change from country to country. LOL.