Thread: Forums & Blogs......What else pays for content.......????

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Forums & Blogs......What else pays for content.......????

What other venues pay for content via advertising......??? I see that many of the members here have their own blog site. I ask as I finally got someone to download two years of photos from the camera to the computer. I have about 350 photos of step by building and hiding many different caches over the last two years.

I want to do an extensive step by step photo essay on remote caching in the wilderness. Is a blog the best venue for this enterprise....or are there other things like forums and blogs that I am not aware of......???

Thank you for any help.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

I think a blog would be a great venue for the information you want to share. I use Word Press but it took me a while to figure out a few of the things on it, but that's just me.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Start your own blog Sourdough, then you can be the Blogerator and ban all of the unhappy people!

Banned
    Blog Entries

I don't want to ban anyone. And I think you may be surprised at how happy I am with my life. All I have ever tried to do on this forum is help other members.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Start your own blog Sourdough, then you can be the Blogerator and ban all of the unhappy people!

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    I don't want to ban anyone. And I think you may be surprised at how happy I am with my life. All I have ever tried to do on this forum is help other members.
    I was only kidding SD, and I am pretty darned happy too. The girls keep me from getting bored and I have a great job and a nice little farm. The only way life could get better would be to hit the lottery!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yesterday I felled six large trees, limbed them, bucked them up, loaded them onto the flatbed truck, hauled them off my mountain, and split them with a hydraulic log-splitter so they can dry for winter of 2014/2015. At the end of the day I was whipped, but happy & satisfied.

I want to make certain I understand what you are asking here.

1. Are you asking how to use the Blogs on this forum...or...
    2. Are you asking how to start a Blog somewhere else off this forum?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I thought maybe he was looking for click-thru income from a personal blog.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

As did I, Lowkey. I warned him once about coming on here trying to compete with Chris and I'll say this for anyone else's benefit. Chris has a significant investment in providing this forum as well as several others. To come on here and ask for information on how to directly compete with Chris is not going to win you any favors. You do what everyone else has done. Take a class, read a book, trial and error or hire someone to do it for you. But you do NOT come on here asking for advice about how to do it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Oops sorry. I thought he was just asking about blogging programs that he didn't have to pay for.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Youtube will pay through advertizing.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee