Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: forum question

Blog Entries

Here's one for ya'. I bought a fruitcake in December, 1999. I still have it - unopened. It doesn't appear to have changed a bit.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Here's one for ya'. I bought a fruitcake in December, 1999. I still have it - unopened. It doesn't appear to have changed a bit.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    and it may even taste better now than when first bought
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    I had the last of the embalmed christmas cake for desert. Mmmm. Made it last Thanksgiving. Bourbon soaked cherries and raisins in an egg-white and bourbon cake batter. With pecans. Cooked then wrapped in cheesecloth soaked in bourbon (the embalming procedure). Wrapped in plastic wrap then tin foil and stored in the bottom drawer of the fridge. Tasteee!

And I'll punch any one of youse guyz that calls it fruitcake. Is NOT fruitcake. No citron. More bourbon. Not sure where mom got the recipe but man is it good stuff. Glad I learned to make it while she was still around.
    Sounds suspiciously like my mum's Christmas cake recipe (although she used Brandy). A designated driver was required if you were stupid enough to have a slice and expect to pass a breathalyser test.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    This isn't about political correctness. This isn't about hurting somebodies feelings. This is about rules that were set down from the outset regarding no political and no religious discussions. This forum's draw was its wilderness survival theme. This is not a survivalist forum. Lord knows there are plenty of those out there and quite frankly they don't interest me (and I suspect a lot of others as well).
    Ok, help my bewildered late nite brain here. How is a survivalist forum, and a survival forum, different? Is'nt the final goal the same?
    Aside from out right bushcraft forums, where the entire conversation centers around sitting in the mud naked rubbing two sticks together, and hoping for a happy outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by redneckidokie View Post
    Ok, help my bewildered late nite brain here. How is a survivalist forum, and a survival forum, different? Is'nt the final goal the same?
    Aside from out right bushcraft forums, where the entire conversation centers around sitting in the mud naked rubbing two sticks together, and hoping for a happy outcome.
    Without splitting hairs I believe there is a clear difference. This forum is based around going into the wilderness and surviving. That is whether it is the end of the world, your truck ran into a ditch in the mountains, or just to live. Survivalist forums tend to be about the impending collapse of society "doom" and the aftermath "gloom" that will ensue. Here, that is only one situation that not everyone is dedicated to preparing for.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

This is not a survivalist forum. It's a forum about how to survive in the wilderness when the chips are down. It's about tips and tricks to employ to make your hike, camp, trail blazing, etc. more enjoyable. It is not about bunkers, the wrong politics, setting up kill zones or boobytraps. It's about how to enjoy the outdoors.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by redneckidokie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsman86 View Post
    Without splitting hairs I believe there is a clear difference. This forum is based around going into the wilderness and surviving. That is whether it is the end of the world, your truck ran into a ditch in the mountains, or just to live. Survivalist forums tend to be about the impending collapse of society "doom" and the aftermath "gloom" that will ensue. Here, that is only one situation that not everyone is dedicated to preparing for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This is not a survivalist forum. It's a forum about how to survive in the wilderness when the chips are down. It's about tips and tricks to employ to make your hike, camp, trail blazing, etc. more enjoyable. It is not about bunkers, the wrong politics, setting up kill zones or boobytraps. It's about how to enjoy the outdoors.
    What they said.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

What he said they said.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

It is not about bunkers, the wrong politics, setting up kill zones.....
    I established a VERY EFFECTIVE kill zone to completely eradicate a serious breakfast at a local restaurant this morning. Does that count?
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

WMD are really outside the bounds of the forum. I think your main concern will be survivors that can point the finger at you ... assuming there were any survivors.

Blog Entries

Only a few English muffin and pancake crumbs and a small smear of egg yolk.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Yeah, they do that to me too. But then, so does water.

Blog Entries

They frown when patrons lick the plates. Can you believe that?
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Ok. Seems like if one was prepared to survive the worst the other would be easy.
    But no matter..WTHeck,
    BACON !!!!!...LOL

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Mmmm bacon.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

'Zactly. Nurishment from the gods.

Sheez.....y'all can't even keep a doom and gloom thread on topic.

I'm going to fix me some bacon.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Bit too heavy for me. I agree with redneck. Common sense should prevail.

Red face That's it Exactly!

Good summary, Rick, and this is exactly why I'm here! Thanks

http://thefemalesurvivalist.blogspot.com

In the end you find no one wins, and the race was only with yourself.

I try, kid. I try.