Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: forum question

Blog Entries

Thankyou! It's very much appreciated.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Blog Entries

Thank you, Chris!
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Great! Thanks.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

Are you kidding me? You just did it. You revert to name calling for anyone that can't hold a discussion. That's too rich. That's exactly how the threads run that's why we've tried to stay away from it. "f
    eeble, weak minded spineless wanna be dundee posers". That's hardly respectful in anyone's book.

Wouldn't that be a breath of fresh air?

I've never called anyone a name or flamed or disparaged anyone personally on this forum RICK, If I talk about someone specific that's another story. If I've made a generalized statement then its up to the individual to decide if they fit into category of who or what. Don't paint me as a bad guy and lets not get into semantics here, thanks.

I'm just a bit more truthful, realistic and honest with most issues. Some people think that by sugar coating the facts or the truth, that they somehow feel better about themselves and the situation. Lets get real, the problems that effect all of us are not going to go away by simply glazing them over with sunshine and fluffy kittens.

Now its up to the forum owner if they want to allow grown up man talk on a political side or a place to rant about issues. If you think its going to be all positive then you are very mistaken. There are going to be people who do not see things the same way, that is just life. Can everyone be adult about it, I think so. I think its informative, entertaining and maybe it will enlighten a few people.

The real question is, is this good for this community. If the issues that effect survival, hunting, camping, and just daily living are too much to handle for this community, then don't do it. I think that most clear thinking adults can handle it as long as there are no personal attacks, no gang flaming on some one else who has an opinion.

Awesome, a sub forum, thank you !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    then most likely these same feeble, weak minded spineless wanna be dundee posers,

I'm not certain what you call that but three others said the same thing to you. This is why political discussion has been avoided in the past. Folks resort to this kind of name calling when people disagree. Hardly semantics when you call someone a name. But whatever. Enjoy your new forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman86 View Post
    You Sir, are the problem as your comments are baseless and without merit for the sake of being vile. After 3 tours in Iraq, I will use my freedom of choice to say something about the negativity that has spread here causing a great decline in active membership. Anytime you want to put your credentials on the table, I would be happy to see them. After 54 posts, you would be one of those "new" members not allowed to participate for reasons clearly demonstrated by your comments.
    Do you make it a habit of being hostile and negative toward others because you've got a different opinion ?
    Truly unnecessary hostility for someone with your outstanding credentials. You possibly should abstain from the new sub forum, you might not like it.

I seriously think you are missing the point. How is it everyone else is wrong but you? Frankly, I didn't see anything hostile in his response to you. Perhaps you should re-read what you wrote. I will give you fair warning that if you address others in any forum the way you did in that post it won't stand. The new forum is not a license to attack others.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Zeroed4x, You seem to be the hostile and negative one, No you didn't call anyone in particular any names but generalizing people you just met is not much different. My guess is you're not here to share and learn survival knowledge. But only time will tell.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    I posted what I have posted in the past, because I cared about the well being of forum members..........And now I just don't care anymore. I will continue to post a little, but never anything the least bit negative.
    That sounded pretty negative.

Blog Entries

I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I just finished a crock of the best home-made French Onion Soup I've ever concocted.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Sounds yummy but you really should have posted that in the cooking forum. If memory serves (sometimes it don't) there is a "what I had for supper sticky" perhaps that would be a good place for your french onion soup.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by zeroed4x View Post
    Do you make it a habit of being hostile and negative toward others because you've got a different opinion ?
    Truly unnecessary hostility for someone with your outstanding credentials. You possibly should abstain from the new sub forum, you might not like it.
    Ohh boy, I had to think about this reply. Hostile, maybe in your opinion; unnecessary, not in my opinion. There is nothing in the majority of recent post by you that contributes anything of substance. If you are insinuating I am unable to handle a political conversation, you are very wrong and base that on minimal knowledge of me or the other members. What you need to do read back a few days and see where I raised this issue to the top and what my argument was. It was about separating these topics from this forum where it is not meant to be highlighted. That was either by banning it all together or the compromised solution of a new forum section.

BTW: Feel free to continue spewing your hate for LEO in the new forum...it will only accomplish your s/n being added to the troll thread sooner.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    Sounds yummy but you really should have posted that in the cooking forum. If memory serves (sometimes it don't) there is a "what I had for supper sticky" perhaps that would be a good place for your french onion soup.
    I know. I was trying to change the subject. That's all.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I would like to take this opportunity to announce that I just finished a crock of the best home-made French Onion Soup I've ever concocted.
    I just finished eating Apple Butter Roasted Pork Loin and homemade mashed potatoes

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

I know. I was trying to change the subject. That's all.

ohhhh!!! my bad
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman86 View Post
    I just finished eating Apple Butter Roasted Pork Loin and homemade mashed potatoes

Oh, yeah? Did you follow up your Apple Butter Roasted Pork Loin and homemade mashed potatoes with a slice of the Absolute Best Homemade Cheesecake in the Entire Universe? With a cold glass of almond milk?
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

sound like youse guys eat for fun.

Oh, yeah? Did you follow up your Apple Butter Roasted Pork Loin and homemade mashed potatoes with a slice of the Absolute Best Homemade Cheesecake in the Entire Universe? With a cold glass of almond milk?
    I had a friggin fried bologna sandwich, hope you two get heart burn !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"