Thread: The politics and cop bashing forum?

Default The politics and cop bashing forum?

When did this forum take such a hard turn that the majority of new posts are politically driven or bashing authority figures (cops)??? I thought this was not allowed and previously when I was much more active here, threads were closed and deleted for such negative garbage. I am not against people's opinion or saying what some cop did is right or wrong, but there are other forums that were created for such conversations. I am extremely discouraged by this change in the mood here, as I am sure new members would not be able to tell the difference between the "family friendly" forum this is and an "anti-government militia" at this point.

Am I the only one who sees this?
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

Banned
    Blog Entries

Post on a subject that you want to talk about. There is a catastrophic shift taking place in America right now. This is a SURVIVAL Forum.....First, and what is taking place is very serious. Yesterday two cops in NYC shot two innocent people (in a crowd) when they opened fire on a unarmed man who was acting "STRANGELY".

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/oops-...of-perp_092013

I might add that the nearest LEO to me is 46 miles away.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 09-15-2013 at 02:27 PM.

According to local news, the man was acting in an erratic, threatening manner, most likely, mentally ill. No weapons of any sort visible. There were more than a dozen cops on the scene. They could have subdued him without shooting. Cops said he was a danger to those around him, when in fact, the cops were.
    IMO, cops need additional, situational training (beyond basic) for the areas the work in. Being a cop in downtown Anchorage is not the same as Times Square, NYC. Why is that so hard to comprehend?!

There is a catastrophic shift on this forum.

Did you witness this? Were you behind the cops filming? How do you know the news reported it correctly....o yeah, they always have the story right! Also, believe it or not cops are still human and make mistakes. Posting a topic is one thing, posts intended to degrade authority is another. I am not here to attack anyone, just the content that is being allowed. Lets talk about solutions, instead stoking the problem with anti-authority rhetoric.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

There is no question that most cops are decent professionals who should be supported and allowed to do their job. But that doesn't mean the bad ones ought to be given a free pass. One has nothing to do with the other.

This thread wasn't about that particular story, but the recent upswing of politically/cop bashing being posted.

No free pass was mentioned, but that is why we have a judicial system to decide their fate. The only difference between this incident and any other of the same type, is someone decided they didn't have enough negative drama for the daily ratings.

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

Blog Entries

Woodsman, with all due respect, I took a look at each of the 33 threads you've started since you joined the Forums. At best, 4 of the 33 were about wilderness survival/gardening. Most of your threads are about Army life - there are forums out there for that, too. Just sayin.'

I agree with Sourdough 100%. This IS about survival. The police in this country are becoming militarized and are beginning to shoot first and ask questions later.

In the last week alone, there have been numerous reports of avoidable shootings and deaths at the hands of trigger happy police officers. Want me to post those links for you?

I agree, this Forum is about wilderness survival. However, that's a moot topic if a thug in a uniform kills you on your way to the woods.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Blog Entries

Man shot, killed by police officer believed to have been seeking help after crashing vehicle

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1456627
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Apparently you took this personal Ken? Since I did not attack anyone or you, but simply content-you must have felt you were guilty of excessively posting politically driven and cop bashing statements in the hopes of garnering support. Then attempt to slander me by stating how many topics I have started directly related to survival...good job Mind you all my topics were within the stated rules and correct categories...are yours?

It is also a moot point if a thug without a uniform shoots you as well because the one with a uniform has his hands tied by soft individuals who have never been on the other side of the fence.

But I bet as a lawyer, you have never made a mistake or argued to free some scum who should have been shot to begin with.

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman86 View Post
    Apparently you took this personal Ken? Since I did not attack anyone or you, but simply content-you must have felt you were guilty of excessively posting politically driven and cop bashing statements in the hopes of garnering support. Then attempt to slander me by stating how many topics I have started directly related to survival...good job Mind you all my topics were within the stated rules and correct categories...are yours?

It is also a moot point if a thug without a uniform shoots you as well because the one with a uniform has his hands tied by soft individuals who have never been on the other side of the fence.

But I bet as a lawyer, you have never made a mistake or argued to free some scum who should have been shot to begin with.
    Woodsman, I think it's pretty obvious that your thread was aimed at threads that Sourdough and I have started in the last few days. Denying that would be disingenuous at best, and most of us here can see right through that.

You made the remark that other forums exist for non-wilderness survival topics. I simply pointed out that the same can be said for most of the threads you start as well. Did I lie? On what basis are you accusing me of slander?

So far as the stated rules here go, they prohibit politics and religion. Can you please point out where either politics and/or religion were mentioned in the threads that you object to?

Let's talk about "soft individuals who have never been on the other side of the fence" and if "I've ever "argued to free some scum who should have been shot to begin with."

I'm a former police commissioner. I've spent over 1,000 hours on police patrols - that doesn't make me an expert, but I do have a bit more experience than most. And I'm thoroughly familiar with the topics and methods taught at the police academy. Most of my friends are cops - GOOD COPS. My Dad was a police officer for 32 years, retiring as Deputy Chief. My brother retired as a Colonel in the MPs. Whatever you do, PLEEEZE don't accuse me of being anti-police.

As a criminal defense lawyer, I've argued against false and fabricated police affidavits, perjured police and witness testimony, and violations of the law and the Constitution. Do you have a problem with that?
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman86 View Post

So, not accepting cops shooting innocent bystanders, while shooting at unarmed people who are acting strange is soft?

Yeah....how dare those citizens be in the area while the authorities show their control!
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Look Ken, I am not here to get in a measuring competition. I simply think there is to much politically charged and cop bashing going on. This does not look good from the outside looking in on this forum. Since you have looked at my posting history, you will see I am not a very confrontational person so to get riled up takes a bit for me. I have seen the worst of humanity and a few cops with badge judgement is not it.

No one is perfect and I have no ill will towards you or anyone else. In my opinion this has never been the place for politics so I do not see why it is allowed, no matter what cloak it is under.

VISIT MY EBAY STORE

Blog Entries

You have a right to your opinion, woodsman, and I'm glad that you took the time to express it here. I just wanted to make sure that you know where I'm coming from - and it's not an anti-police philosophy. It's an anti-BAD-police philosophy.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

I've closed the thread. Woodsman's observations are pretty accurate and we are receiving more and more complaints that we're turning into a gloom and doom site. It doesn't matter who is posting them.

I do find it interesting that folks that don't believe the liberal media find it okay to believe them if it happens to be something they are opposed to. I also find it a bit hard to make any reasonable conclusion on events based only on the relatively few facts, if they are facts, presented in the reports.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.