Thread: What if you cant get guns......

Default What if you cant get guns......

Hi All ,
    As you know Im a a Scot ( or Brit if you must ). Don't know if you noticed , but I / we are a bit .... handicapped , when it comes to , weapon based ; self defense . Guns are a no no, Carrying knifes can get you put in jail. I know of people who carried a safety cutting device because it was required by job. Went for a pint after work , searched by police ...... arrested for carrying offensive weapon. I envy your freedom . I can understand where my government is coming from , but I think they are missing out on something, The American constitution gives a man a right to defend himself. I have to rely on the state. If I attack a burglar , and hit him a bit hard , I would be done for assault ??? go figure. Personally , I would prefer your freedom . Criminals here enjoy these freedoms , same as yours , but our law is tethered. I have now had to look at more ...... primitive technologies for self defense. But they are very effective. I found lots of articles on how to make home made firearms. Paladin Press has an impressive book list. I have the skills . I don't have the resources. Ammo is a ***** ....So .... I am now looking to the more primitive . catapults , Bow and Crossbow . Looking to make all my own , and learn to use ....could go for a .22 airgun , probably will , but I think primitives more ..... effective . am I on the right track .... or just nuts ??..

One should be proficient with anything from a rock, (thrown or sling) or club, sharpened stick, and up grades to sling shot, to primitive/modern bow/arrow to atlatl.

Past history as even mentioned putting a hammered stone ax head in a green fork of tree, and having it grow around it to make a war club.
    Cross bows and air guns can also be lethal....but my understanding is that even the air guns are regulated?.....What about knife length?

Use what you got....Most anything can be a weapon..........Why do you always see the peasants marching with pitch forks, ax's, shovels and sickle's.

Or you could just move........?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    One should be proficient with anything from a rock, (thrown or sling) or club, sharpened stick, and up grades to sling shot, to primitive/modern bow/arrow to atlatl.

Past history as even mentioned putting a hammered stone ax head in a green fork of tree, and having it grow around it to make a war club.
    Cross bows and air guns can also be lethal....but my understanding is that even the air guns are regulated?.....What about knife length?

Use what you got....Most anything can be a weapon..........Why do you always see the peasants marching with pitch forks, ax's, shovels and sickle's.

Or you could just move........?

LOL.... hunter, all of that stuff is illegal in Massachusetts. The only option we have here is to own a gun.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

i appreciate what you say hunter. But , I don't have the advantage of the heritage and skills you have. I mentioned defense , but really meant survival. To protect and provide . These tools for me ( and I want the best I can get ) , are for defense and survival. Im a noob ...... but a realist. I could make shotguns relatively easily , but ammo for same isn't so easily available. Researched my own ammo ...... not happening any time soon . as for rocks etc , last resort , and i got a good throwing arm

The first thing you should do is sign up for martial arts or Krav Maga. Keep getting better and better.
    Everyone should know how to fight mano a mano (or evade the right way) regardless of weather they own a firearm or not.

Here is something to think about. Look at this guys entire youtube channel for ideas. He is from Germany with lots of rules. This video is his most recent as of today.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

And then, there is this guy. Again, watch all the videos on his channel.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Blog Entries

And then there's THIS guy!

W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

Or THIS guy!

W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

When a Scot fight like a Scot. Just a thought.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

i have a friend who grew up in glasgow scotland and he said very much the same things that you are saying. everyone had to make their own knives, machetes or blowguns from scratch and keep them hidden as well as possible. my only advice would not to risk jail above all else...you can't prep from behind bars. check into crossbows, blowguns, mace, blackjacks or even skateboards (yes they make great offensive and defensive weapons)...

WRONG!! God gives a man the right to defend himself. Our constitution recognizes this. And you are wrong when you state, "I can understand where my government is coming from". Your government is one of the many that seek to dominate humanity. The only reason the slaughter has not started is because the USA is still armed.

Hmmm , strong words sofasurfer, don't believe in god , just because I understand , doesn't mean I agree , and , at the risk of offending others here , do you seriously think USA doesn't want to dominate humanity ( I have no problem with this ). Wake up and smell the roses. China is armed , and dangerous . Hopefully it will never come to fist fight.

On a lighter note , loved the vids :-)

Outside of things that go bang. Have you thought about single stick or other western martial art.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Unless it is a blade or a gun just get inside. Stick fighting is stupid to spend to much time training on as most end up in a tangle anyways unless you are completely clueless or caught completely of guard.

So, the best idea is to be aware of the possible situation and cage up. Tuck you chin, hunch down, and use your arms to minimize impact. Move out of harms way as quickly as possible. That some times means plowing through a group. But, you can't get grounded. The risk of getting stomped by his buddies greatly exceeded any advantage you have on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk01 View Post
    ....So .... I am now looking to the more primitive . catapults , Bow and Crossbow . Looking to make all my own , and learn to use ....could go for a .22 airgun , probably will , but I think primitives more ..... effective . am I on the right track .... or just nuts ??..

Sorry for your situation, not to rub salt into the wound but, there is a fundamental difference between subjects and citizens. If we continue on the path we are on here in the U.S., we are not far off behind you.

I must ask, why do you have such a serious interest in weapons ? Is this for fun or is there an emanate threat ?

Small defensive weapons are easy to make but you risk being searched and having them confiscated, fined or jailed. Such things as home made brass knuckles made from dense hardwood with embedded studs, spikes or even screws. Easy and effective for self defense.

Improvised weapons are simply everyday objects that can be used at a moments notice.
    Everyday objects such as 3 keys on a comfortable key fob can be interlaced between the fingers and become a good not great striking/slashing weapon.
    A walking stick, cane, umbrella or even something simple like an ink pen are effective weapons when used properly.

On a different note,a potato cannon is a devastating weapon but if you are not careful you can kill yourself with it.

Your choice of primitive weapons is vast. You've already mentioned a few of the best, bow and cross bow.
    Spears, pikes, slingshots, bolos, clubs, its all out there on youtube and google.

Why the interest, are you adventurous, bored or threatened ?

Thank you zerod4x, you have summed me up very well. Interest in weapons is more for fun with view to potential threat. feel adventurous and threatened .

Nighthawk - Assess your threats from most likely to least like the determine, within the framework of your laws, what best will assist you in negating those threats. If you can apply for a shotgun permit then perhaps that's one avenue of recourse you have.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.