Thread: Vigilance and Freedom

Blog Entries

Default Vigilance and Freedom

September 11, 2001

9/11. Twelve years ago, but etched in our memories forever.

Never forget. Teach your children.

Honor the memories of those murdered in a monumental act of cowardice.

Always remember who and what was responsible for this act of terrorism.

Remain strong. Remain vigilant. Remain prepared.

And NEVER surrender an inch your freedom. For then they will have defeated us.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by Ken; 09-11-2013 at 01:06 AM.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

For those who might have forgotten ......

Never forget!!!

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post

September 11, 1991

Damed Right

Can you believe a whole generation has been born since then. An event so life shattering and no one under the age of 12 was even alive when it happened? The Alamo, Pearl Harbor, Apollo 1, Challenger, Discovery, 911. Some things should never be forgotten.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Can you believe a whole generation has been born since then. An event so life shattering and no one under the age of 12 was even alive when it happened? The Alamo, Pearl Harbor, Apollo 1, Challenger, Discovery, 911. Some things should never be forgotten.
    Yes, I was only days away from giving birth to my daughter. It's not a day I'll ever forget anyways, since my husband died two years ago tomorrow. It was only about 10 minutes till midnight and the doctor didn't get there to call it so they marked it as the 12th, but it was on Sept. 11.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post

September 11, 2001

I raised my flag, at 0730 this morning with a salute, and a prayer.

My youngest was born in 2000. She asked me about it last night. I brought her the paper that I saved from September 12th, and she read several of the stories. I am certain that there will be a greater focus on 9/11 in her school today. I also made sure she brought, and extra water bottle, and reminded her of what to do if there is an SHTF event. Benghazi was one year ago today as well.

Never forget, the wars not over....

Instill the memories of that horrible day into your grandchildren. Tell them about where you were and what happened to you and how you felt that day. Teach them to honor the memory of those who died that day and those who died or have been permanently maimed, subsequently, on behalf of all of us. R. I. P.

911 is one of those days in your life in which you will always remember where you were as vividly as if it was yesterday. I remember where I was the day JFK was killed, the day we lost Discovery and Challenger and the events of 9/11/2001. I suppose that's true for us as a nation.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

911 is one of those days in your life in which you will always remember where you were as vividly as if it was yesterday. I remember where I was the day JFK was killed, the day we lost Discovery and Challenger and the events of 9/11/2001. I suppose that's true for us as a nation.
    JFK - Sitting in class in the 2nd. Grade. Principal came in and whispered to the teacher. Teacher started crying and told us "something terrible has happened but you'll have to wait for your parents to tell you what." We all thought that maybe our parents were dead or something like that. We learned what happened within seconds of dismissal time.

Challenger: Sitting at a conference table in my basement office with 2 other guys testing a computer program we had built from scratch - the first fully automated do-all system used by the Rhode Island State Treasurer's Office. We made a few bucks on THAT one.

911: Standing in my living room watching TV, putting my necktie on as I was getting ready for court.

Some things you never forget...............
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

9/11: Watching the coverage of the first hit on TV in the agency lounge. Seeing the second hit live from the conference room window on the 35th floor.

Listening to the radio on a job installing a sign at a NY pizzeria. They said that a plane had crashed into the tower. We listened but kept working. We pictured a Cessna like plane had screwed up a lot.

Then they said another plane had hit. Everybody called us in to the store and we watched as more reports came in and then as the towers fell. The reaction from the NYers was right out a stereotype. The sound of certain accents from up north are like nails on a chalkboard to me. I guess having so many move down here when I was a kid and then sit and tell us how great it was up there and how we were backwards rednecks.

But, that day kind of taught me a little about seeing passed the accents and BS. That day I actually got what they meant about NYers and New York. And that day every last one of us in that restaurant was an American.

Kind of sucks that it takes something else for us to hate for us to not hate each other.

I was on the last "vacation" that I have taken. Mrs. Crash and I were in Captiva. Turned on the TV with our morning coffee. The first plane had already hit and many of the reports were that it was a small private plane. Mrs. Crash used to be a pilot and said - no way - that was a large plane. We watched the second plane hit. A few hours later we decided to end our vacation and head home. There was absolutely no traffic on the roads - kind of eery. When we got home I contacted the base that I had retired from 5 years earlier and asked if they needed any recently retired Electronics Technicians to head to sea on one of the boats. They took my info.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

For 9/11, I was in the dynamics lab trying to get my homework done when someone came in and told us what had happened.

For Challenger, I was in 3rd grade and we watched it on TV.

I wasn't alive for Kennedy.

And, even though Rick was alive for Pearl Harbor, I wasn't.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

I was only 3 for JFK, My mom called me in from playing outside with my trucks, and explained what had happened. The Challenger, On board USS Kitty Hawk, somewhere in the Indian Ocean. 9/11/01 on my way to work listening to the radio. 9/11/2012 Benghazi, sitting in my living room with morning coffee calling BS to all of the early reports about some BS video.

JFK.....Had a tooth pulled, and was home from school.......

Challenger. was at lunch with a customer.......we both just paid up a left.

9/11, just heading for Madison, Wisconsin, mother was having open heart surgery, was listening on the radio, the first reports were poo, pooed, by the DJ....What was it King Kong?......Blah, Blah....When I got to Madison, ...no planes flying, hardly any cars on the roads.......No one talked....was just too shocking.
    Never forget.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27