Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Troll Hall of Fame

Oh, easy for you guys to say. But they aren't house broken and who do you think is cleaning up after them!?

Maybe there could be an interim period before "banned"....it would read "skating on thin ice".

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Maybe there could be an interim period before "banned"....it would read "skating on thin ice".
    Trollbation period!

Well, a lot of trolls want to be banned. Banning them makes them happy.

My approach is usually the rehab approach (not surprisingly since I'm a retired rehab person). I will use a troll's post to discuss issues they bring up (I rarely actually answer a troll's post to them). If I do address a troll directly it's usually to explore why they are trolling to start with (that usually "gets rid of them" pretty quickly but I have successfully rehabilitated several trolls who turned into decent posters.) People always do things for a reason; they might not know what that reason is but, in the case of trolls, I usually assume it's pathological.

Saying that, I trolled the heck out of the Werelist trying my best to get banned but they wouldn't ban me. I'm an old (since 1999) member of the Were community and pretty well established since I've worked pretty hard to establish the community - hosting one of the largest Howls in the US, helping others establish Howls, visiting local groups to see if they need anything and to help tie local groups together, advocating for the community, and gathering research. But when a new administration took over this centerpiece of the community, they changed it into their own little playground and about a third of the members left. It was no longer a forum for the community as it had been before. I tried to convince them to return the forum to the community, then I took to cajoling, and since nothing else worked, I did my best to get banned. I finally just left when another forum opened to try to be what the Werelist was - of course, the problem was that, when someone wanted to look up something about Therianthropy, they went to the Werelist - a problem since the group there is hardly a representative sample.

Anyway, the Internet being what it is, there is a plentiful simply of folks that build themselves up by cutting others down, so there will always be trolls. They enjoy "putting it over" on others (even though they rarely fool anyone).

I can certainly see the problem with disseminating incorrect (and even dangerous) information, but that also gives us a chance to explain why it-ain't-necessarily-so. It gives us an educational opportunity.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

There are certain things that should get a ban immediately, like personal attacks.

The moderators allow a lot of stuff that is simply irritating to go on when it does not violate forum rules, which is understandable.

And I know they send offenders a PM to warn them of their sins and transgressions.

They get plenty of troll probation just the way things are now.

In fact, that is one of the first signs of a serious troll, they want to modify forum policy to meet their needs hidden behind the disguise of "improving the forum so we can attract more members".

Then there is the dependency on political correctness we have to fight everywhere now. "You can't ban me because I have the right to insult you! Banning me would hurt my feelings and you can not do that."

It shows in the snide remarks they make when we try to warn them of the impending event.

"I couldn't care less"
    "What happened to free speech"
    "I'm not worried about it"

People are simply not conditioned to following rules or having rules enforced any more. They do not expect consequences and it comes as a sucker punch.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 03-29-2016 at 04:56 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Hurt feelings? We don't care 'bout no stinkin' feelings. This is not democracy. You want democracy? Go build forum.

That is the key, Rick. This forum is not a democracy, it is privately owned and as such, the owner says what is and isn't allowed. I don't see a problem with making suggestions that could be a true forum benefit (such as recommending a new topic section), but trying to curtail the forum to suit one person's ideals...... good luck with that.

Personally, I think this forum is pretty good. It is very tolerant, has a lot of good info, goes beyond the basic premise of wilderness survival, and has stand up regular members. Although I used to think Rick wasn't a stand up guy, then I realized he was just stuck in his chair and couldn't get up!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Well, if you must know. It's an undersized chair. So there!

Yeah, but the problem for some, Nate is that Rick can still reach his ban button while marooned in his chair.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

The chair does have wheels. Getting down to mom's basement is a bit of a challenge but yeah. You'll find me without my perfect survival knife a lot more than you will my ban button.

So you have to ask yourself, is that a ban button or a Staples Easy button. Hmmm? Do you feel lucky?

Being stuck in the chair, Rick must have a remote ban button and I am sure he has spare batteries for it next to the twinkies and his harbor freight Rambo knife.

Undersized chair? Must be a one size fits most!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

The batteries and the Twinkie are inside the handle of the HF Rambo knife. This ain't my first rodeo.

Don't they make a multi-use knife these days with a button on it for this? Thought I heard they made them somewhere in Switzerland.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails.

- William Arthur Ward

I nominate jayd to be included into the THOF....

Don't think he deserves top billing....

But if that was gunkid....he got older, slower, maybe senile....as those posts were nowhere near as full of crap as I can recall....
    I guess prison takes it out of a guy.....or in???
    Anyway

We even gave him some extra time to show us what he had......but he just got nasty.

Do I have a second?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I second the motion, hear, hear.....
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

All in favor....say "Aye"...all opposed say "Nay"....
    Don't think there will be any Nay's though....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Aye!!!!!!!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

He is up against some tough competition. Nativedude was pretty good. Hoosierarcher what pretty good. That guy that killed himself and then rose again was pretty good. Blade was pretty good. Tough competition I tell ya.

THOF, is a thing!? hahahah.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05