Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please tell me your opinion/experience of the ILBE main pack.

You, uh, know of course that an orange bag is gonna give up your camo position, right? Same for the blue bag. But then, no sweat inside the vehicle I guess.

By the way the Nav gave me one of those sea bags with shoulder straps on it in July of 74 in San Diego but I have never been all that fond of using it as a pack except when absofrigginlutely necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick,
    These days the easier it is to see/find the happier I am. I tie orange or day glow green reflective paracord to just about every thing I have/use or take out in the woods. Because otherwise I will never find it after I sit it down!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DSJohnson View Post
    By the way the Nav gave me one of those sea bags with shoulder straps on it in July of 74 in San Diego but I have never been all that fond of using it as a pack except when absofrigginlutely necessary

I'm going to bet that 66 lbs of standard issue gear was allot easier to hump back in 74 than it is today. Pretty sure that P/U has a bed back there someplace, affix a cache a box and leave the living space for companions.

Um.......I would but, um.......it is full already. I am thinking about getting a rack to put on top and putting a couple of the lighter cases up there