Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrong House, No Warrant, Man Dead. AGAIN!

Blog Entries

Default Wrong House, No Warrant, Man Dead. AGAIN!

The NYPD, searching for an alleged mugger who had stolen a cell phone, burst into the WRONG HOUSE, WITHOUT A WARRANT, at 5:30 in the morning, resulting in the heart attack DEATH of Carlos Alcis, a Haitian immigrant, who came to America in 2000 to make a better life for his family.

By all accounts, Mr. Alcis was an honest, hardworking, responsible, married family man. He symbolized the American Dream - until police officers violated the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution, invaded his home when the family was asleep, and literally killed him.

Turns out that the phone was stolen by another individual with absolutely no connection to this family or residence.

There are still conflicting reports - some say the family opened the door, others say the police forcibly entered. Either way, police DID NOT have the right to invade the home. The police should have secured the home from the outside, obtained a warrant, and entered after KNOCKING ON THE DOOR. If it had been there, the evidence wouldn't have disappeared.

THIS is what happens when we allow the government to violate the Constitution with impunity. The officers involved - HAVING VIOLATED THE FOURTH AMENDMENT - should be charged with MURDER and should face the death penalty. We need to start making examples of THEM in order to put the brakes on an emerging police state.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1448858
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

There was a case kind of like that around here, a while back. The difference was that the one here ended in a dead cop. What made most people mad, was that the guy ended up going to prison for killing the cop.

The police got an "anonymous tip" that this guy was a drug dealer. They kicked his door in, in the middle of the night. The cops say that they identified themselves before kicking the door in. The man said that he never heard that. He said that he was woken up by his dogs barking like crazy, at something. With the dogs barking at the door, someone kicked it open, and came at him. He shot the first one, not knowing it was the cops.

By the way...no evidence of drugs was found. There were some grow lights in the garage. They had belonged to the mans grandmother, who had recently died, and left him the house. She (the grandmother) was an avid gardener, who grew award winning plants/flowers in her yard and garage.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Since WHEN do you use a swat team to recover a cell phone????????? One thing the cops had better understand, there are way more of us than them. They are only able to do the job they do because the people have given them the power and respect to do so. If they continue to abuse their power, they will not be able to fill their ranks faster than their attrition rate. This is not a threat, this is basic math.
    I know what hunts you.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Sorry, it is only going to get worse........Much, Much, MUCH Worse. America is changing rapidly, We now live in a lightly veiled police state. We are only a few years from all local police becoming Federal Police under the DHS. This will be sold as a way for local governments to cut costs, and improve their Bond Rating. (Yes, I just made that up, but you have to admit it does not sound far fetched).

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    Since WHEN do you use a swat team to recover a cell phone????????? One thing the cops had better understand, there are way more of us than them. They are only able to do the job they do because the people have given them the power and respect to do so. If they continue to abuse their power, they will not be able to fill their ranks faster than their attrition rate. This is not a threat, this is basic math.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 09-08-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Well what do you expect from a commie ran city...
    By the way we got them in Az. too.
    Last edited by Woodmaster750; 09-08-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    The Great Spirit and Country. Semper Fi.

Here's a crazy one.
    http://www.thv11.com/news/article/27...tout-with-SWAT

I agree, that if a guy shoots through a door at cops, you have to deal with him. On the other hand, a 107 year old man barricades himself in his room, holds off the SWAT team, and continues to hold them off, despite teargas, and a flash-bang grenade. Sounds kind of fishy, to me. He must have been one bada$$ old man.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Here's a crazy one.

I agree, that if a guy shoots through a door at cops, you have to deal with him. On the other hand, a 107 year old man barricades himself in his room, holds off the SWAT team, and continues to hold them off, despite teargas, and a flash-bang grenade. Sounds kind of fishy, to me. He must have been one bada$$ old man.
    The poor old guy was clearly suffering from dementia or some mental illness. There was no exigency there. They could have simply waited him out until he fell asleep or simply gave up. However, that would have been contrary to the twisted mentality of law enforcement today. They need to constantly remind themselves that they are in charge - even if they have to kill people unnecessarily to prove their point.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

Once upon a time, police earned the respect of the public.

Later on, they demanded respect from the public.

Today, they demand compliance, and if they don't receive immediate compliance, they will provoke a situation that "justifies" the use of force - including lethal force - if they think they can get away with it.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

How do we get back to the police earning the respect of the public?
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    The poor old guy was clearly suffering from dementia or some mental illness. There was no exigency there. They could have simply waited him out until he fell asleep or simply gave up. However, that would have been contrary to the twisted mentality of law enforcement today. They need to constantly remind themselves that they are in charge - even if they have to kill people unnecessarily to prove their point.
    Exactly. I would have been thinking along the lines of sending in a turkey sammich and waiting for him to take a nap. Hahaha.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Blog Entries

This senseless killing took place in Massachusetts in June. A state trooper shot and killed a mentally ill man who kept approaching a trooper WITH A PEN!

That's right, our state police receive 26 weeks of academy training - including self defense training - and can't disarm a man WITH A PEN or keep him at bay until back-up arrives. No, the trooper had to SHOOT AND KILL THE GUY!

Of course, the District Attorney determined the death to be a JUSTIFIED SHOOTING.

http://www.masslive.com/news/boston/...te_troope.html
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    We elect the right Sheriffs, and city council members that hire the right police chiefs.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

We elect the right Sheriffs, and city council members that hire the right police chiefs.

with this countries low information voter, I would say we are pretty much screwed.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Blog Entries

OR, we create a special prosecutor's office with trained investigators who have never been police officers - that is independent of all other law enforcement agencies and state prosecutors' offices - to investigate cases of possible police misconduct or abuse of power - with the authority to bring criminal charges against police officers as appropriate.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Ken, that is a great idea. How did we get to where we are today? Why did the police change from the way they were to the way they are now?

wanted to add that there are some good folks in LE so I didn't want the forum to think I am lumping all LE in together.
    Last edited by randyt; 09-08-2013 at 07:38 PM. Reason: added text

A slightly different twist on the story says the police knocked and were granted access. The man suffered a heart attack while they were there. I'm not reading anything about SWAT or kicked in doors except the family's version of events.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Ken, that is a great idea. How did we get to where we are today? Why did the police change from the way they were to the way they are now?

wanted to add that there are some good folks in LE so I didn't want the forum to think I am lumping all LE in together.

Most of my closest friends are cops. This stuff makes them sick.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

Here's a crazy one.

I've given this one a bit more thought, and I genuinely believe that this man would have still been alive if this incident had taken place 40 years ago.

Back then, a few officers would have shown up with nightsticks and revolvers and lots of common sense. They would have viewed the situation for what it was - a tired old man who had dementia. Nobody would have wanted to take any unnecessary risks, and they would have waited it out. Nobody would have been killed unless the old guy took his own life.

Today, they show up in black military uniforms with full body armor. They carry .40 cal. pistols and AR-15s and M4A1s and MP5s and have lots of expensive high tech toys that they're just dying to play with. They no longer have patience to wait the old guy out because today - in our modern police state - they've been trained to demand IMMEDIATE COMPLIANCE.... even from a 107 year old man who may have thought he was fighting the Germans in the trenches of WWII.

Have you ever noticed how many mentally ill people are killed by police purportedly responding to "help them?" If the person is alone at home and there are no hostages or others facing an immediate risk of harm, how can law enforcement possibly justify moving in for the kill?

The fact is, they can't justify it at all, but for the fact that waiting violates their mandate of immediate compliance. Every society that has fallen into a dictatorship or a police state has done so with militarized police agencies that demand immediate compliance.

This nation is going turn into to hell.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

This is why I loath and detest police, lawyers, government, insurance agencies, utility companies...o.k. I'll stop there, the list is too long.
    The bottom line is that those in power such as local, state or federal government, police, government agencies and officials often abuse their power, can justify any bad or illegal behavior and there is no accountability. Its disgusting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zeroed4x View Post
    This is why I loath and detest police, lawyers, government, insurance agencies, utility companies...o.k. I'll stop there, the list is too long.
    The bottom line is that those in power such as local, state or federal government, police, government agencies and officials often abuse their power, can justify any bad or illegal behavior and there is no accountability. Its disgusting.
    Thank you.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark