Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swtichblades Are Now Legal

Default Swtichblades Are Now Legal

I don't know why I didn't post on this earlier but....Effective July 1 of this year switchblade knives are once again legal in Indiana. Gov. Spence signed the repeal into law. About the only thing we can't carry now are Chinese throwing stars or a knife that shoots a blade, whatever that is.

I think Texas, Alaska and Kansas have also legalized switchblades this year. It was signed under a DNR bill HR 1563. It also legalized the use of silencers while hunting to abate noise complaints on public lands.

(FLICK)
    What was that?!
    My rights being exercised.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

You have more reasons to stay away from Massachusetts than to stay away from Florida. Just sayin'.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

It's interesting that no one....no one....testified against the repeal while the bill was in the House or Senate. County Sheriff's don't consider it a big deal, which of course it isn't.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

The whole silencer issue makes me chuckle. It will probably never make a difference to the target. They usually never hear the shot.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Switch blade knives have been legal to own and carry in Idaho, for years. So are suppressors, automatic firearms, etc., with Federal tax stamp.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

I think I read where there are 33 states where switchblades are legal.

The silencer is legal here with tax stamp but you couldn't hunt with one. Now you can.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    So they're still illegal in 24 states, huh?

I know, I know..... http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...tely-Political
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Seems like that was the number. I know it caught my eye because I was surprised that many allowed it.

The guy that has been helping with my knife making learning makes an awesome switchblade.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

class 3 firearms are okay in OH, but ballistic knives are a no no. Never looked into switch blades, gonna have too.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Florida clarified the law on switch blades a little less than a decade ago. Legal to own, but you need a concealed weapon license to carry it in your pocket.

The reason is that the concealed weapon law excluded carrying a knife concealed other than a "common" pocket knife. They have recently clarified the length of 4" blade. But, "common" is open to the discretion of the arresting officer, the prosecutor and the judge. LOL

Switch blades were invented to aid the handicap and they are slower than more modern and usually legal knifes to deploy.

I can't have a useless to anyone trench knife. But, I can carry a katana down the street.

Okay, Ohio is goofy with this. They are perfectly legal to own. Here's the catch. They are illegal to manufacture, possess to sell or furnish to anyone other than law enforcement....... Which means you can go get you one, it's just illegal for anyone to give or sell you one.

And people think the gub'ment won't try this with guns?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    And yet there's still that darned federal restriction on interstate traffic in them if I recall.

One I would like to see a relaxation on is nunchaku. Being a home practitioner of martial arts, It burns my butt to know that it's a serious crime if I wanted to make my own pair for home use in my own shop in my state.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    And yet there's still that darned federal restriction on interstate traffic in them if I recall.
    Yep.......

I mean, honestly, a human vital organ couldn't give a moment's care whether it's being perforated by a fixed blade knife, an automatic folder, an assisted opening or a screw driver.

And WTF is the deal with 3+ point shuriken? They could not even be called a weapon with a straight face.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Yeah but we live in a world where there are people who think that if you stab someone in the kidney with a Buck 110 that is one thing. But, if you stab the kidney with a switchblade you are just plain mean.

Course the stabee might argue that his kidney saw no discernible difference.
    Last edited by Batch; 09-19-2013 at 11:14 PM.

No, I'm rather sure it goes back to which character was holding which in 1960s films and thereabouts.

I was being facecious...

Hello Rick and Crashdive. Glad to finally be back . I havent been on since google reader went down. Had a little computer trouble. But back now and glad of it. I missed the nightly visits to good info. Y'all have a great weekend. mwp

Welcome home.