Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SYRIA.......???? Do we need one more war.....???

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default SYRIA.......???? Do we need one more war.....???

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...-plan-march-20

Iran is backing Assad. Gulf states are against Assad!

Assad is against Muslim Brotherhood. Muslim Brotherhood and Obama are against General Sisi.

But Gulf states are pro Sisi! Which means they are against Muslim Brotherhood!

Iran is pro Hamas, but Hamas is backing Muslim Brotherhood!

Obama is backing Muslim Brotherhood, yet Hamas is against the US!

Gulf states are pro US. But Turkey is with Gulf states against Assad; yet Turkey is pro Muslim Brotherhood against General Sisi. And General Sisi is being backed by the Gulf states!

Welcome to the Middle East and have a nice day

Blog Entries

We can't win regardless of how that mess turns out. Both sides hate us. We should mind our own business and let them kill as many of each other as possible.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Blog Entries

And NO, NO, NO political asylum for anyone involved!
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    We can't win regardless of how that mess turns out. Both sides hate us. We should mind our own business and let them kill as many of each other as possible.
    DITTO!!!!
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

I agree.....MF used to say...they been fighting since the beginning of recorded history....most likely longer....What make any one think they are gonna stop. now?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blog Entries

The middle east has been at war with itself since the Persians had a dust up with Greece in BC times. You can't Police warring tribes any more than you can herd Cats. Leave them be and they'll pick on someone else in a month or so.
    I still can't believe the govt of the day allowed troops into Afghanistan! We tried beating them as far back as the 1800's and we lost. Some of these high flyers need to study History.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Yeah, we've had our fun in ME. Let the people who actually live there play there (if Russia gets involved, I'll bring the popcorn.)

Reading about this in the papers, in one breath they say the Assad government launched chemical weapons. In the next breath they say, "if it's found that the Assad government launched chemical weapons..."
    And what if it was one of the Rebel Factions that launched the chemical weapons. Will we ever know? As more of our kids get killed in a war that isn't ours?
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Yeah, we've had our fun in ME. Let the people who actually live there play there (if Russia gets involved, I'll bring the popcorn.)
    Last time they got involved was in Afghanistan. And we decided to back Bin Laden. That turned our real well for us, didn't it?
    I have serious doubts about the ability of our government to ever learn from its own past mistakes, not to mention that of others'. Pity that our fighting men & women have pay the price.

Blog Entries

My Dad always gave good bits of advice. One was MYOFB.
    Last edited by Ken; 08-26-2013 at 10:41 PM.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Last time they got involved was in Afghanistan. And we decided to back Bin Laden. That turned our real well for us, didn't it?
    I have serious doubts about the ability of our government to ever learn from its own past mistakes, not to mention that of others'. Pity that our fighting men & women have pay the price.
    Very true B,
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

My Dad always gave good bits of advice. One was MYOFB.
    I asked DMV if I could have that as a vanity plate, they said NO!!!

This is how I see it.
    1: this administration has made way too many bad calls/choices for it to be an accident.
    2: This administration has backed known terrorists
    3: This president and his party were on the forefront of screaming about the lack of an exit strategy from the last administration and yet lacking said exit strategy
    So that being said what is the motive behind this and all of the shredding of Constitutional rights?
    I know what hunts you.

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    This is how I see it.
    1: this administration has made way too many bad calls/choices for it to be an accident.
    2: This administration has backed known terrorists
    3: This president and his party were on the forefront of screaming about the lack of an exit strategy from the last administration and yet lacking said exit strategy
    So that being said what is the motive behind this and all of the shredding of Constitutional rights?
    Which administration do you mean? Sounds like most of the last half dozen or so. The US has backed bad guys going back to at least WWII and plenty more before that. We backed Saddam for decades, and other corrupt regimes in Saudi and Iran. We've been on the wrong side of more wars than we've been on the right side, for that matter.

I was talking to my neighbor and I asked, "Hey, can you tell me how to quarter a moose so it can be packed out?". To which he replied, "Sure, here's how...."
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yes, that is the theory, and if not executed by America, it would be by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I was talking to my neighbor and I asked, "Hey, can you tell me how to quarter a moose so it can be packed out?". To which he replied, "Sure, here's how...."

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Yeah, look, I said I'll bring popcorn, not stinger missiles .

I figured that Iran would have been a good lesson to leave certain countries alone (google Operation Ajax), but no.

Just read on CNN that US naval forces are in position to strike Assad's forces. This is moronic. Russia recently sold anti-air defense missiles to Syria (read: they gave it to him so that he can cling to power), missiles that are actually quite good (Russia is known for it missile tech) and will be aimed as US carrier based jets.

To add more fuel to the fire, Russia is moving all sorts of equipment of its own to the location (to back Assad):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian...base_in_Tartus

Basically, the US is marching head-long into a confrontation with Russia over Syria. Brilliant...

I know that politics are verbotten here, but not even Bush risked this nonsense.