Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arlington SWAT team siezes 17 blackberry bushes in 10 hour raid

Banned

Default Arlington SWAT team siezes 17 blackberry bushes in 10 hour raid

You can't make this stuff up. A Texas community used this para-military operation for city code enforcement and to search for a "reported" marijuana growing operation. The story was reported in the Huffington Post at this link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3764951.html

Further evidence we really need to examine and codify how these teams are deployed.

Slow day scouring the net for the latest government outrage?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Ill tell you exactly what happened, The detectives listened to a bad tip and a dumb *** Informant , do ya all realise that swat teams are second string, they aren't involved in collecting the original intel, they execute a warrant after briefing by the detectives and surveillance teams. I hate how people talk about the swat team doing this wrong or that wrong or going to the wrong house etc etc, How much Law enforcement experience do you have Cast Iron, How many years on a warrant or entry team. How much actual working knowledge do you have of the process of serving a warrant, from the first tip to clean up?
    I don't ever see anyone complain about the power company coming to the wrong house for a disconnect, it happens a lot. I think we need to launch an official investigation on the post man , he delivered my mail to my neighbor, OMG the injustice. I may not be able to sleep after that!!!!!!!!!
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Slow day scouring the net for the latest government outrage?
    So I take it you found nothing disturbing in the report Crash? Did you happen to catch the part about these kind of abuses being reported across the country? I thought that factor made this story relevant. Considering the lack of traditional journalism which seems to prevail at MSM, I do my part to help folks see beyond the fluff. If you want the latest scoop on Lindsay Lohan you'll have to go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cast-Iron View Post
    So I take it you found nothing disturbing in the report Crash? Did you happen to catch the part about these kind of abuses being reported across the country? I thought that factor made this story relevant. Considering the lack of traditional journalism which seems to prevail at MSM, I do my part to help folks see beyond the fluff. If you want the latest scoop on Lindsay Lohan you'll have to go elsewhere.
    Thank you for your concern regarding my news consumption. I do just fine with the sources I use thank you.

Sorry if I am coming across a little snarky, but this forum is where I come to get away from all of the other crap that I'm bombarded with daily. We have been crossing the no politics policy on this forum quite a lot lately. We have lost quite a few members because of it. They, like me come here to get away from that crap.

Lindsay Lohan ------cute, but not impressed.

When I want to read about the latest government outrage or the newest conspiracy there are plenty of outlets for that. I'm going to do my best to make sure that Wilderness Survival Forums isn't one of them.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Actually this was all over the news stations when it first happened.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Obviously ya'll have never smoked blueberry leaves before!!!!!
    "Despite what your momma told you violence does solve problems"....... SO2 Ryan Job USN (SEAL)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    Ill tell you exactly what happened, The detectives listened to a bad tip and a dumb *** Informant , do ya all realise that swat teams are second string, they aren't involved in collecting the original intel, they execute a warrant after briefing by the detectives and surveillance teams. I hate how people talk about the swat team doing this wrong or that wrong or going to the wrong house etc etc, How much Law enforcement experience do you have Cast Iron, How many years on a warrant or entry team. How much actual working knowledge do you have of the process of serving a warrant, from the first tip to clean up?
    I don't ever see anyone complain about the power company coming to the wrong house for a disconnect, it happens a lot. I think we need to launch an official investigation on the post man , he delivered my mail to my neighbor, OMG the injustice. I may not be able to sleep after that!!!!!!!!!
    I fail to see the relevance of how my level of experience, or lack thereof, has any relevance to this or any other incident involving the deployment of para-military law enforcement officers. According to the report, city officials were at this farm only days earlier. There was never any mention of weapons or threats of violence. SWAT teams have their place in law enforcement. I have no issue when they are used to resolve a hostage standoff or any other scenario where there is reason to believe serving a warrant will be met with violence. SWAT entrances are purposefully violent and innocent people have been shot and killed when attempting to defend family members from masked men breaking down the front door. I do have an issue when they are haphazardly deployed for misdemeanor offenses; hold non-violent people at gunpoint for half an hour; fail to produce a search warrant for two hours; and take "evidence" which wasn't part of the original warrant. If you can't find anything unreasonable in this example, you really need to re-examine your familiarity with our nation's constitution. You might want to pay special attention to that 4th Amendment part which protects us from unreasonable search and seizures.

Quote Originally Posted by CastIron
    I fail to see the relevance of how my level of experience, or lack thereof, has any relevance to this or any other incident involving the deployment of para-military law enforcement officers.

Sadly, I'm not at all surprised by that. Oh well. On to better things!!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

Thank you for your concern regarding my news consumption. I do just fine with the sources I use thank you.

Sorry if I am coming across a little snarky, but this forum is where I come to get away from all of the other crap that I'm bombarded with daily. We have been crossing the no politics policy on this forum quite a lot lately. We have lost quite a few members because of it. They, like me come here to get away from that crap.

When I want to read about the latest government outrage or the newest conspiracy there are plenty of outlets for that. I'm going to do my best to make sure that Wilderness Survival Forums isn't one of them.
    Understood. I will try to tone it down a bit if that would help.

I usually can tell in the first few lines of a post if the subject matter is of interest. If it is not I simply move on. As a moderator, you may not share that luxury. But I also believe world events is what brings a lot of people here looking for useful information for all those "what if" scenarios. Personally I enjoy my time in the wilderness. But I prefer to be there because I want to be, not because I'm compelled to be for reasons beyond my control.
    I don't enjoy all the garbage I see happening. I wish I could ignore it all and feel like it will take care of itself. That complacency most of us have enjoyed for decades has gotten us into quite a pickle. If we don't make an effort to take back control there may not be another opportunity. And what a shame that would be!

.....Hummmm ....Ya know I have a lot of wild black berry bushes around "The Place" (Really a PITA on legs and arms....)....Sooooo,... If I was to call and tell 50 they are um.....something else....ya think they would come and pull them up for me?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    .....Hummmm ....Ya know I have a lot of wild black berry bushes around "The Place" (Really a PITA on legs and arms....)....Sooooo,... If I was to call and tell 50 they are um.....something else....ya think they would come and pull them up for me?
    If you really plan this thing out, you could plant some thorn less varieties in the holes they leave behind. I say go for it!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Crash, Buddy , Lohan "CUTE" ... ummmm may i suggest an eye exam!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cast-Iron View Post
    Understood. I will try to tone it down a bit if that would help. It would

I usually can tell in the first few lines of a post if the subject matter is of interest. If it is not I simply move on. As a moderator, you may not share that luxury. I don't. But I also believe world events is what brings a lot of people here looking for useful information for all those "what if" scenarios. It may, but most that find this is not the place where conspiracies, battle plans, and roving bands of armed marauders are discussed and encouraged usually move to other pastures where they are. Quite frankly, it has been my experience that most people that are fanatical about those issues do not have the experience or background to survive. Most (not implying anybody one this forum falls into this category) are living in a fantasy world fueled by too much time behind the keyboard - trying to live vicariously through others. Personally I enjoy my time in the wilderness. But I prefer to be there because I want to be, not because I'm compelled to be for reasons beyond my control. As do most of the rest of the membership here. That is why most people joined.
    I don't enjoy all the garbage I see happening. I wish I could ignore it all and feel like it will take care of itself. That complacency most of us have enjoyed for decades has gotten us into quite a pickle. If we don't make an effort to take back control there may not be another opportunity. And what a shame that would be! Nobody is suggesting that you ignore it.
    Nobody is suggesting that you be complacent. Many here have been fighting the battle - some with less time fighting and others with much, much more time than you. All I am saying is this is not why I and many others come to this forum. Because I/we do not discuss it here does not mean we are not involved. Because I/we do not decry every government outrage that we encounter on this forum does not mean that we are complacent.

A forum will always take the direction of its members. I get that. As a member I will do my best to steer the forum in the direction I want to see (just as I hope others will). As a moderator I will do a better job of enforcing the forum rules. My apologies to all members for allowing some things to get out of hand. It was my error in judgement - hoping that those posting that stuff would tire of it and either get back to what this forum is about or move on - clearly that has not worked.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    Crash, Buddy , Lohan "CUTE" ... ummmm may i suggest an eye exam!!
    I know that you know better, but for those that don't.......I was referring to the comment that implied I might be more interested in pop culture than things that matter. It was an implied attack, and it was not accurate or appreciated.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I know that you know better, but for those that don't.......I was referring to the comment that implied I might be more interested in pop culture than things that matter. It was an implied attack, and it was not accurate or appreciated.
    I'm sorry Crash, I knew that, i just couldn't resist, figured i'd throw some humor into a topic headed for the ditch.

No worries. Humor is always good.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

It's also one of the reasons I've been posting far more on gardening and dehydrators, etc. than I normally do. Not everything in this world is someone else's fault or a conspiracy and I get tired of reading about it. If I wanted to read that stuff I'd join that type of forum. That's just my opinion.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Yep, I come here because those political types of discussion are not allowed to over run our board. Believe me, it happens oh so easily. And then you don't have a friendly place to share interests and information but an online forum war that only rude people have the energy to post on and attack each other.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Rick, your efforts haven't gone unappreciated.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant