Thread: YOU Got-'ta LOVE Nuclear (or Trust the GOVERNMENT, you won't get stroked)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default YOU Got-'ta LOVE Nuclear (or Trust the GOVERNMENT, you won't get stroked)

Woooopie, a NEW World Record.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/node/477775

Unreal!, ignore it, it will go away......

Thats gotta be healthy for the marine life!!!
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Banned

I know they are BIG bodies of water, but I am reluctant to eat any seafood which originates in either the Pacific Ocean or the Gulf of Mexico since the disasters at Fukushima and the BP Horizon. How is all of this radiation effecting the various species of salmon for example? If they are becoming dangerously radioactive, do you really want them swimming back inland to contaminate the waters when they die? What about the wildlife or humans that consume may them? I know seafood is one of the largest industries for Alaskans and this may have the potential to cripple it.

Time and time again the Japanese government and TEPCO have been less than completely honest when reporting about the hazards and level of radioactive contamination. There have been reports of seawater (this is water free to move about the planet) with radiation levels 7.5 MILLION times the safe "legal" limit. I am not sure whose limits were used in that report. Seems I remember the Japanese government coincidentally raising these limits dramatically in the aftermath of the Fukushima reactor meltdowns. So this ratio may be even higher using say the US or European safe exposure limits.

If you take a look at the prevailing pacific currents, you will observe the Kamchatka current moving south along the northern coast of Japan until it is swept out to sea by the Kuroshio current. When the Kuroshio combines with an offshoot of the Kamchatka, they merge to form the North Pacific current which continues east until it reaches the western coast of North America. Imagine it as living downstream from your neighbors cesspool, only with significantly more hazardous content. How long do these radioactive isotopes remain suspended in the water column? Is anyone monitoring our offshore waters and marine life for anomalies in their background radiation levels? I don't know these answers, but I'm not sure I can trust government officials on either side of the pacific for straightforward answers. So I am left to either invest in the technology to monitor pacific sourced seafood myself or avoid it altogether. Sadly I've chosen the latter.
    Last edited by Cast-Iron; 08-20-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Radioactive zombie outbreak in the near future? Seriously though, that's pretty bad stuff.