Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What bit me?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    White sharks like environments with HVAC? Never heard that on the Nature Channel...
    No, no, no..... my beagles are the HVAC addicts.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

I am not a doctor, so take this with a grain of salt, however I was bitten by a Brown Recluse about 8 months ago, felt just like what you described, the next day the pain went away, until a week later when the back of my leg started rotting. Than I waited about two week cause I'm a dumb ***. Still have the spot, had to go on a bunch of anti-biotics and it hurt like hell.

Keep your eyes CLOSE on it.
    I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. - Henry David Thoreau

I live in Rhode Island too and from my understanding their are no brown recluse in our state. My guess is a wasp stung you in a sensitive spot in your leg. I'd still keep a look out after the wound but other than that, I think your OK, if things feel worse, call the doctor; But thank god for almost virtually no poisonous animals/insects here.