Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 dead, 11 hurt after car drives into crowd on LA boardwalk

Default 1 dead, 11 hurt after car drives into crowd on LA boardwalk

There really should be a law against people killing others with their car. Oh, wait.....I guess there is. Well, maybe we should limit accelerators so they can't be depressed all the way to the floor. I mean, who really needs that much power? It should have a detente so it only goes a little way down in steps. Yeah, that would work. Can we get Feinstein behind this one? This did happen in California.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/04...est=latestnews
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Delicious!
    Y'all live for this kinda news...and this gift from CA, no less, wrapped in a big bow.
    A gift, that will no doubt, keep giving.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Delicious!
    Y'all live for this kinda news...and this gift from CA, no less, wrapped in a big bow.
    A gift, that will no doubt, keep giving.
    Not really, now if it happened in NY i may have more to add.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Actually never mind, Ny and Cal are pretty much the same no one knows how to drive there.

Stay tuned, WD.
    It's just a matter of time til I go postal with with my cast iron frying pan. Came close today.

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    Actually never mind, Ny and Cal are pretty much the same no one knows how to drive there.
    Now, wait a minute!
    I could drive in some of y'all's states blindfolded. Stick shift. With my feat.

Now, wait a minute!
    I could drive in some of y'all's states blindfolded. Stick shift. With my feat.
    Well that answers a lot of questions. LOL

You left off while putting on make-up,

No, NYer's are really really good drivers, at least technically, just rude as anything. Big difference... Flatbush Ave on a Sunday afternoon is insanity. I always heard DC was hard to drive in. Compared to flatbush ave, DC is nothing.

I actually had my run in with the rudeness the other day. My hometown has two intersections that you have to be dense* to try to make a left turn from at certain times of day. Well, the person in front of me was turning left at one of these intersections (actually, they started like 4 cars in front of me). It's a 1 lane road, no right and left turn lanes and it's only a stop sign. Well, when someone tries to turn left, everyone passes them on the right cause they don't feel like waiting. Problem is that it makes it impossible for the person turning left to see what's coming. So I got up behind them and decided to do the right thing (something I'm constantly trying to improve on in my daily life) and wait for them to make their turn. The guy a few cars behind me didn't appreciate it and was on his horn for about 5 minutes while we all waited for the guy in front of me to turn left. I gave him the honker the finger and felt good about doing at least one right thing during those few minutes we had to wait.
    There are 4 intersections that if I were a cop, I would sit at and give out tickets like they were candy for passing on the right, failing to stop at a stop sign, and failure to yield the right of way.

*non locals are exempt from this, but I see locals do it all the time and I just don't understand why since there are several ways to avoid these intersections.

Quote Originally Posted by JPGreco View Post
    No, NYer's are really really good drivers, at least technically, just rude as anything. Big difference... Flatbush Ave on a Sunday afternoon is insanity. I always heard DC was hard to drive in. Compared to flatbush ave, DC is nothing.

I actually had my run in with the rudeness the other day. My hometown has two intersections that you have to be dense* to try to make a left turn from at certain times of day. Well, the person in front of me was turning left at one of these intersections (actually, they started like 4 cars in front of me). It's a 1 lane road, no right and left turn lanes and it's only a stop sign. Well, when someone tries to turn left, everyone passes them on the right cause they don't feel like waiting. Problem is that it makes it impossible for the person turning left to see what's coming. So I got up behind them and decided to do the right thing (something I'm constantly trying to improve on in my daily life) and wait for them to make their turn. The guy a few cars behind me didn't appreciate it and was on his horn for about 5 minutes while we all waited for the guy in front of me to turn left. I gave him the honker the finger and felt good about doing at least one right thing during those few minutes we had to wait.
    There are 4 intersections that if I were a cop, I would sit at and give out tickets like they were candy for passing on the right, failing to stop at a stop sign, and failure to yield the right of way.

*non locals are exempt from this, but I see locals do it all the time and I just don't understand why since there are several ways to avoid these intersections.
    I really wouldn't know how they drive there, I was just giving B a hard time.

I know, I think I could deal with poor driving better than the rudeness...

Quote Originally Posted by JPGreco View Post
    I know, I think I could deal with poor driving better than the rudeness...
    I hate rudeness too, but choose to ignore it. Nothing more irritating to a rude person than pretending you don't see them. I also don't want to escalate anything by being rude back. There are all sorts of crazy people out there who don't need much excuse to do something stupid.

I hate rudeness too, but choose to ignore it. Nothing more irritating to a rude person than pretending you don't see them. I also don't want to escalate anything by being rude back. There are all sorts of crazy people out there who don't need much excuse to do something stupid.
    Thats why I said I only did 1 right thing in that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    You obviously have not met me, catch me if you can!!

I have this bumper sticker on the back of my vehicles. Most folks are pretty friendly to me.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

I walked Venice Beach back in the '90s. An unusual place to say the least.

The article noted that 2 victims, the Balcis, have no insurance to pay for their medical treatment or inventory losses. I'm almost certain that other victims, including the family of the woman killed, have and will suffer greatly from this intentional act of random violence.

So once again, I offer s solution that will give at least partial compensation to all of these victims: If the suspect in custody, and/or anyone else, is convicted of these offenses, they should be brought into surgery, were all of their organs could be harvested and sold on the market to the highest bidder. The proceeds of the sale could be distributed to the victims and their families, and at least eight people's lives could be saved if those organs were transplanted, in addition to those who site could be restored through cornea transplants and others whose burns could be treated with skin transplants.

Psychopaths have no concern about the death and destruction they cause in society; society should treat them in the same manner, particularly when there is a benefit to others.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    If the suspect in custody, and/or anyone else, is convicted of these offenses, they should be brought into surgery, were all of their organs could be harvested and sold on the market to the highest bidder. The proceeds of the sale could be distributed to the victims and their families, and at least eight people's lives could be saved if those organs were transplanted, in addition to those who site could be restored through cornea transplants and others whose burns could be treated with skin transplants.

Psychopaths have no concern about the death and destruction they cause in society; society should treat them in the same manner, particularly when there is a benefit to others.
    I like that, counselor. Now there's a solution we could all live with!

Blog Entries

BTW - we were discussing punishment for Ariel Castro, another murderer, in the thread I posted a few days ago. Organ harvesting would have been an ideal punishment for him, and would have spared the taxpayers the expense of his room and board for the next 30+ years.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

Wow! I read my post, two above, and once again realize how far we have to go with voice recognition software, LOL!
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark