Sourdough's Tequila Drinking
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    STD?

Must be....

Sourdough's Tequila Drinking
    HHAHAHAHA!!! thats funny!!!!
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    [/COLOR]

Not true at all!!!!

Randy - Follow 1sttimestar's advice. If you are reasonably certain that a needle stuck you then it is nothing to play around with. Aside from AIDS you can contract Hepatitis B or C, gonorrhea, typhus, herpes, syphilis or tuberculosis from any blood that might have been in it or a host of bacterial infections including tetanus from the outside of the needle. This is not something to ignore. When was the last time you received a tetanus booster? See a health care professional please.
    http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/transmission.htm

From the link:
    "How well does HIV survive outside the body?"

"Scientists and medical authorities agree that HIV does not survive well outside the body, making the possibility of environmental transmission remote. HIV is found in varying concentrations or amounts in blood, semen, vaginal fluid, breast milk, saliva, and tears. To obtain data on the survival of HIV, laboratory studies have required the use of artificially high concentrations of laboratory-grown virus. Although these unnatural concentrations of HIV can be kept alive for days or even weeks under precisely controlled and limited laboratory conditions, CDC studies have shown that drying of even these high concentrations of HIV reduces the amount of infectious virus by 90 to 99 percent within several hours. Since the HIV concentrations used in laboratory studies are much higher than those actually found in blood or other specimens, drying of HIV-infected human blood or other body fluids reduces the theoretical risk of environmental transmission to that which has been observed–essentially zero. Incorrect interpretations of conclusions drawn from laboratory studies have in some instances caused unnecessary alarm.

Results from laboratory studies should not be used to assess specific personal risk of infection because (1) the amount of virus studied is not found in human specimens or elsewhere in nature, and (2) no one has been identified as infected with HIV due to contact with an environmental surface. Additionally, HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host."

The problem is you don't know how long ago that needle got tossed. Then there are all the other problems.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Newbie here. Wanted to look around awhile before joining in. But, I have to chime in here. Randy, you've made the right decisions. As much as I dislike the care a veteran gets from the VA, they are your best bet for getting the needle tested. Nothing short of selling your soul would get a local medical facility to do that. Don't let this sour your desire to get out in the wild. You've handled this as a survivor should. You did nothing to deserve this. The vermin that left the needle is the product of a drug culture society that is supported by our government. No one would have been thinking about looking for what was the proverbial needle in a haystack in the middle of nowhere.

On the other hand, it shouldn't surprise me, or anyone else who has had their eyes open. I took my metal detector out to the beach to play with it and found needles. When in Washington, DC, I found that it's common to see needles left on the fork brackets of dumpsters for general public use. And, reuse. If anyone were ever a victim of society, it's you. Stay strong and know that you have friends with you.

I sliced my finger on a used razor that an inmate was using, the staff confirmed he has hepatitis. I am as nervous as you are!
    Last edited by hike500; 09-10-2013 at 12:05 AM.

Yikes hope it turns out ok. And hope it wasn't hep c...

No offence mate , but being stuck with a needle wouldn't bother me too much , a knife ?? , maybe so , but then I am a Scot. I don't think you should let one dab experience put you off. You gonna die one day . Get the tests done and hav some fun , either way.