Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **** this, I'm out.

Default **** this, I'm out.

Went in my kayaking survival trip. I was miserable. Sure the weather was terrible and I never got any food. But that's no why it was terrible. I built my shelter out of leaf litter. Got lots of little pokes and slivers as normal. Tossed and turned all night feeling bugs biting me. Woke up this morning to find the culprit. A ****ing used dirty bent needle. Does it count as surviving if you contract aids and die?

Needles to say (haha, get it, needles? **** you) I packed it up early and left with desire to do this **** anymore. A supposed removed beach not touched very much. I want to puke. I feel disgusting. Sourdough gave me aids. He demanded more boots in the field now I probably have a deadly virus. Thanks. I'm done.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Wash the sites with soap and water. Go to your doctor's.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Which site, I don't even know what's what I rolled around all over it. Trying to get into the va but by the time they see me ill probably be in the final stages of death.

More than likely even if there was anything on the needle the air probably already killed it.
    "Despite what your momma told you violence does solve problems"....... SO2 Ryan Job USN (SEAL)

Quote Originally Posted by SLRBK
    the air probably already killed it

Not true at all!!!!

Randy - Follow 1sttimestar's advice. If you are reasonably certain that a needle stuck you then it is nothing to play around with. Aside from AIDS you can contract Hepatitis B or C, gonorrhea, typhus, herpes, syphilis or tuberculosis from any blood that might have been in it or a host of bacterial infections including tetanus from the outside of the needle. This is not something to ignore. When was the last time you received a tetanus booster? See a health care professional please.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

That's why they call it survival.....
    You really need to impart that kind of info to all the RATLTW want-a-bees, that think it all cool and piece of cake to go on a trip, with nothing but a knife and big balls.
    I would go to a DR and get some advice....but I would think the danger is minimal, other than a possible infection.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I'm up to date on immunization to work on the ambulance. Va called back and said they still can't give me an apt but I can go o the ER where they will do nothing. I believe hep c is the biggest concern being able to live 2 week outside the body I hope this needle was old but didn't look like it...

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    That's why they call it survival.....
    You really need to impart that kind of info to all the RATLTW want-a-bees, that think it all cool and piece of cake to go on a trip, with nothing but a knife and big balls.
    I would go to a DR and get some advice....but I would think the danger is minimal, other than a possible infection.
    YES YES YES.

Even if you have mad skills and can get sufficient food and water anything can happen. I would have never expected a needle there. Now imagine being farther out where even if it wasn't herpes filled, I get a bacterial infection. SCREWED. I will slap the **** out of the next person I see say they're going to just go like "live in the wild"....

Hopefully, it was someone's insulin needle and that's what it was used for. Still not a good situation but a better thought than a druggie that had shared or reused the needle. On the flip side they probably thought, "No one will ever come out here to test their survival skills. That would be crazy." ....as they tossed the needle over their shoulder.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Already though of it being an insulin needle but I just can't see sweet old grandma relaxing on this beach sucking on an orange and injecting her insulin. I hate drug addicts. If I caught something I'm cleaning this town out. How can someone not even recap the damn thing before they toss it...

I am sorry to hear this happened. For what its worth, I looked up some info I have on Personal protection , the longest living virus ( outside the body) is HEP A , can live up to 4 months , hep B is up to a week, hep c up to 4 days, HIV/AIDS is at best 7 days in dried blood in the right conditions.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

I'm so sorry this happened to you!! What about checking with your local public health office? Hope you are able to get checked out soon!

Quote Originally Posted by RandyRhoads View Post
    Already though of it being an insulin needle but I just can't see sweet old grandma relaxing on this beach sucking on an orange and injecting her insulin. I hate drug addicts. If I caught something I'm cleaning this town out. How can someone not even recap the damn thing before they toss it...
    Randy,I will be saying extra prayers for you,that sucks big time.Definitely follow up like Rick said,too many what-if's and unknowns to let it slide, I think an ER would at least do testing and give you an antibiotic,"just in case" then recommend that you follow up with your doc....yea I know whenever they can fit you in. But at least you could have SOME peace of mind of stopping some random infection, and possibly more ( I know there are somethings that antibiotics can't touch) but getting a head start until you can get into the VA is better than waiting and letting something get a leg hold on you.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Randy, that sure blows big time, I can only imagine how you feel.
    FWIW, please consider getting tested ASAP even if you have to pay out of your own pocket. Screw money, your health is more important and this may not be something that's worth putting off til you can get to VA.
    Best of luck, prayers that it's nothing!

Did you bring the needle back for testing? Rather then wait to see what you might catch, they probably could test any traces on the needle. Best of luck to you!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Funny thread.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Funny thread.
    Me getting aids is funny? Thanks

I brought the needle. At the va now. She's checking to see I they can test it now. But it didn't sound like it.

No Randy, your reaction to all this.

Being that you said you were on a beach, my guess would be the needle washed up on shore.

How did you get into the VA so quick?
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm....

Just thinking here. Not to take anything away from Randy; what he's going through is a very real concern. However what can we learn from all of this? DON'T TAKE ANYTHING FOR GRANTED! Before sleeping on anything in the outdoors check the ground, leaves, etc. over thoroughly! Randy, I'm pulling for you bud!...
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Thank you sarge.

It's been hours since this happened. The va actually returned my call, but a I suspected wouldn't give me an apt and told me to just go to the ER so here I am. They cannot test the needle. Doctor is going I talk to me about starting the cocktail. I've heard horror stories about the cocktail throughout t medic school. Not happy.

Winter. All I can do is listen to team Americas everyone has aids and family guys you have aids until I find out....