Thread: Attaching images

Default Attaching images

Hey all,

Yep, been to FAQ's. Clicked website, inserted URL (from image host) ((most message boards will accept the IMG code from a host like photobucket, imgur etc directly into the message body)) watched the little 'loading' circle for about 5 minutes ... nothin'. Tried the img link, direct link and href. Same results, none worked.

Is there a post count restriction here? Lower left says I can post attachments.

Do attachments need to be uploaded onsite in order to post them (seems like a terrible waste of bandwidth). I have several 'host' accounts and have not encountered this problem with other v-bulletin message boards. I'll go check setting to make sure html isn't blocked or something.

thanx
    'rum

I use Photobucket, seems to work fine for me......?
    Perhaps you need to have a certain amount of post before posting links and pic's......?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Photobucket is what i use as well. And I think you have to have 10 posts before your able to post pictures or links
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

... hmmm ... just had a 'Reply to Thread' tossed out too ... for the same reason, only there were no attachments.

4rum - one of the things this forum uses is an automated anti-spam feature. It will not allow any member with fewer than 10 posts to put a link in their posts - even if that link is quoting another post.

It's not perfect since it - as you have discovered - blocks legitimate posts, but it really does cut down on the spammers. After you get past 10 posts you shouldn't have a problem. If you do - let me know.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    4rum - one of the things this forum uses is an automated anti-spam feature. It will not allow any member with fewer than 10 posts to put a link in their posts - even if that link is quoting another post.

It's not perfect since it - as you have discovered - blocks legitimate posts, but it really does cut down on the spammers. After you get past 10 posts you shouldn't have a problem. If you do - let me know.
    Thanks cd, I'm lazy. I just checked the lower right (like if do in any board I join), when it said that I may post threads, replies and attachments I tried. Went to FAQ's, and didn't see this site policy. Good policy, bear with me, I'll get it together ... maybe